Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Peace is Present



What is it about peace that’s so important? Have you known the depths or been able to comprehend its reach? Peace is multifaceted and immense but also tranquil and intense. I’ve sought peace for years and pondered how understand its ways. I’ve walked in it like a meadow on a crisp fall day, but also have been in the same meadow in the howling winter winds with the snow biting at my face. I’ve been warmed by the sun in the grass and scorched by the sun in the sand, yet in all these places peace was still there. I’ve had peace in times of joy and peace in pain, but I’ve also had anguish and torment in times of joy and prosperity. Peace has always been there for me and always will, and yet still I have to choose it. I believe the source of peace is the Spirit of God, active and alive like a melody in harmony playing in the background and coming from another realm. But I have to tune in and let the peace permeate my soul and let the resonance of it align my ways with love. When yield to it I acquire its effect like a rare treasure, but I must guard it because surely bandits will soon be on the way to try and make my peace their plunder. The chiefs among them being worry and fear and leading forces to inflict their anguishes. So I resist them as they come and try to pollute my waters of life with their lies. Like subversive soldiers and spies they wait in the shadows prepared to ambush at an opportune time. Inviting me into places I should not be and offering me delicacies of decay disguised as delightful dinners. So I must be aware and choose not to partake of their offerings. The truth is that I have peace, but can also choose yield to things that disrupt it. Who and what are these that seek to squelch my spirit, snare my soul and destroy the vitality of my body? Shall I give in to counterfeits, empty promises and substances that steal? What good can it do to worry and muse with things that are untrue? Can I have peace in my body while ingesting poison? Can imposters produce peace or pretenders prosperity? I think not. So I must think evil naught and set my mind on what I ought.

I’ll meditate on what I know is true,
I’ll yield to peace through and through,
I’ll resist the things that call for pain,
From poison waters I’ll abstain,
I’ll follow paths that lead me higher,
I’ll give to light and feed the fire,
By power of the Spirit who strengthens me,
I’ll live in peace because I am free.

John 14:27-28
27 Peace I leave with you,  My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
NKJV

John 14:27
27 Peace I leave with you;  My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]
AMP

2 Tim 1:7
7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.
AMP

Eph 6:10
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
NKJV

Rom 15:13
13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
NKJV