Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Drink, Drank or Drunk?



This is a hard one for me because I’ve had problems with alcohol abuse. Not everyone does, and some can drink “socially” and in moderation but for some reason I haven’t perfected that “skill” yet. So it’s only serving now to amplify my anxiety and support post drinking depression, so that’s a problem and one that I don’t want to live with. So I’ve got to get a handle on it and not a handle of it. And it’s terrifying because I’ve been using alcohol to try and help me cope with an abundance of stress. But it’s not working so I’m frustrated with imbibing a solution that’s not a solution. It’s causing pollution and my life’s dilution, so enough is enough. I have to say that I have tried really hard to make it work right! (LOL or NOT) But it won’t, and when I drink too much then neither do I. So I’m thinking that I should probably try something else now in order to avoid a breakdown. And I’m seeing the Doc., and my life’s on the clock, and time’s ticking away, I must escape this dismay.

So I’m taking a new tack and going back to “drinking the Spirit.” And I’ve done this before but now it seems like a chore, it feels like a bore, but I don’t want to be alcohols whore. And I’m not condemning or judging anyone else, but just trying to find my own place in the realm of sanity. And I’m not interested in arguing with anyone about it, and especially not wanting to talk to any kind of condescending people on either side of the street. And now I’m babbling and saying, “and” and “so” a lot. And so – If you have the “skill” and can stay in control – then have fun, but if you can’t stay in control and tend to say “what the heck” then sooner or later you’ll be having a wreck. I’ve had many crashes myself, and in aftermath, I think I’ll be choosing – another path.

Now I feel like I need to say that for me it’s no longer an “all or nothing” proposition. I’ve tried both of those and neither one was my “cup of tea.” And one reason being is that I don’t like the judgmentalists in the “all or nothing” camps. Somebody always thinks they are better than somebody, and that’s not me. I try and only judge judgmental people’s judgements, how ironic of me, But whatever, I don’t like it when people are condescending. I’m working on loving them, but I wish they could work on it. But that’s a pipe dream so I’ll just try and ignore em and not be em.

Bla, bla, bla – not what I intended, sometimes you just have to get things out. Maybe this will help someone, maybe you, if you’re in this pit let me know if there’s anything that I can do. I also have a rhyming problem, but sometimes their awesome so I won’t try to stop them.  And so I had to write this song to help me get along. (Eph 5:17-21)

I debunk, its good being drunk,
Because it made me slunk into a funk.
My spirit sunk and it helped me flunk,
So I don’t desire to get drunk.

Nay today and instead I say…

I’m filled with Thee in unity,
I sing to Thee in melody,
Ever filled and I am thrilled,
To be one Thee eternally.

Eph 5:17-21
17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.  18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
NKJV

Eph 5:18-19
 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
KJV

Eph 5:18
18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery; but ever be filled and stimulated with the [Holy] Spirit. [Prov 23:20.]
AMP

Eph 5:18
18 Don't drink too much wine. That cheapens your life. Drink the Spirit of God, huge draughts of him.
MES

Eph 5:18
 And do not take overmuch wine by which one may be overcome, but be full of the Spirit;
BBE

Prov 20:1
Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler;
whoever is led astray by them is not wise.
NIV

Prov 20:1
20 Wine is a mocker,
Strong drink is a brawler,
And whoever is led astray by it is not wise.
NKJV

Prov 20:1
20 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
KJV

Prov 23:29-35
29 Who has woe?
Who has sorrow?
Who has contentions?
Who has complaints?
Who has wounds without cause?
Who has redness of eyes?
30 Those who linger long at the wine,
Those who go in search of mixed wine.
31 Do not look on the wine when it is red,
When it sparkles in the cup,
When it swirls around smoothly;
32 At the last it bites like a serpent,
And stings like a viper.
33 Your eyes will see strange things,
And your heart will utter perverse things.
34 Yes, you will be like one who lies down in the midst of the sea,
Or like one who lies at the top of the mast, saying:
35 "They have struck me, but I was not hurt;
They have beaten me, but I did not feel it.
When shall I awake, that I may seek another drink?"
NKJV

1 Cor 6:17
17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
NKJV

Eph 4:4-6
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
NKJV

John 17:22-23
22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:  23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
NKJV

Eph 3:14-21
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,   15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height —  19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
NKJV