Thursday, April 7, 2011

Word-N-Season

The first thing needed, is the Word for the day,
So before you go, will you stop and pray?
Better than an apple for keeping the doctor away.
By it conquer fear, and keep dismay in decay.
Armed with the Word, become predator not prey,
Victor not victim in the midst of the fray.

Confidence rises, as the Almighty advises,
Be strong in the Lord and full of surprises.
Abide in the Truth, stay and not stray,
Love the Lord completely - not just halfway.
Pray everyday and be bold to obey,
In battle array, the enemy slay.

Fear not the evil, nor try to be coy,
For on the cross Jesus became, our whipping boy.
By death defeated death, rose again for all to see,
Now His life is our life, His Word victory,
What He has spoken, His Truth employ,
In joy deploy, depression destroy.

For He’s given us all things, to richly enjoy!

Copyright ©2011

1 Tim 6:17-18
17 Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy.
NKJV

1 Tim 6:17
17 As for the rich in this world, charge them not to be proud and arrogant and contemptuous of others, nor to set their hopes on uncertain riches, but on God, Who richly and ceaselessly provides us with everything for [our] enjoyment.
AMP

1 John 2:14b
I have written to you, young men,
Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you,
And you have overcome the wicked one.
NKJV

John 8:31-32
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
NKJV

1 John 5:4-5
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith.
NKJV

John 15:3-4
3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
NKJV

John 15:9-12
9 "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

11 "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.
NKJV

1 John 4:16
16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
NKJV

See – Psalm 119