Monday, March 1, 2010

Hold Fast and Stand!

Without faith hope is helpless, without hope faith is futile and without love the lot is lost. “And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” (1 Cor 13:13) It seems that the enemy is always attacking in one or more of these areas. At the end of the age, “because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. (Matt 24:12) and “when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8) So we need to vigilantly guard our faith and walk in love but hold fast to our hope. Jesus said, “hold fast what you have till I come.” (Rev 2:25) So we need to press on and lay hold of that for which Jesus has laid hold of us and hold fast stand firm in faith until the end!

1 Cor 15:1-2
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you — unless you believed in vain.
NKJV

Heb 3:6
6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.
NKJV

Heb 4:14-15
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
NKJV

Heb 10:23
23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
NKJV

Rev 3:11-13
11 Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. 12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

13 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'
NKJV

Phil 3:12-14
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
NKJV

Heb 6:11-12
11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, 12 that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
NKJV

1 Cor 16:13-14
13 Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. 14 Let all that you do be done with love.
NKJV

Gal 5:1-2
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
NKJV

Phil 1:27-28
27 Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel,
NKJV

Phil 4:1
Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved.
NKJV

1 Thess 3:8
8 For now we live, if you stand fast in the Lord.
NKJV

Rom 5:1-3
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
NKJV

Eph 6:10-13
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
NKJV