Friday, May 28, 2010

Limbo Land

What do you do when you’re in Limbo Land? It’s tempting to feel uneasy or irritated or act out when you’re in any intermediate, indeterminate state of condition. But don’t get discouraged your Heavenly Father has a plan and promised to bring it to pass. Apparently even Jesus was in a hurry to get to what was stirring in His heart. When He was twelve and his family left the town they had traveled to He decided to “linger behind” in the temple with the teachers but His time had not yet come. So when they realized they had left Him they sought with anxiety and when they found them it seems like His attitude was like, “Hey, what’s the big deal?” “And He said to them, "Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father's business?"” He thought He was ready when he was twelve but God decided that He still had eighteen years of submission and training. Moses thought he was ready when he was forty but “got to” wait in the wilderness until he was eighty. Joshua and Caleb were ready but the rest of their generation wasn’t so they also “got to” wait in the wilderness for forty years before they possessed the promise. People usually feel like they’re ready before they’re really ready because they’re tired of training and want to get to the “main event.” Trusting and tarrying is tiring when you’re not resting and rejoicing. You can relax and enjoy the journey or you can be anxious and asking, “are we there yet” every five minutes. But life’s a long road trip and they’re people along every step of the way. We can’t skip steps because we would skip people and lose lives. And true contentment will never come from the outside but within so as long as you’re looking for it in situations and circumstances you’ll never experience it. And it’s like playing ‘hide and go seek’ and never finding anyone. Now that can make you mad, annoyed and discouraged and want to quit but all you have to do is start looking in the right place. Look in and you will see your glorious and Almighy God working in the midst of you. Your flesh will scream cry like a hungry child on a road trip but God’s got spiritual snacks to satisfy you along the way. And as long as you’re in Limbo Land don’t despair and focus on where you are but rejoice in fellowship with who you’re with. The Lord is greater than your location and “the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” (Rom 8:18) Realize you’ve got God so life is good. And the secret of being content in every situation is, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!” Phil 4:13

Luke 2:41-52
41 His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. 42 And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast. 43 When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother did not know it; 44 but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day's journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances. 45 So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him. 46 Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. 47 And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. 48 So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, "Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously."

49 And He said to them, "Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father's business?" 50 But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them.

51 Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. 52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
NKJV

Phil 4:11-13
11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
NKJV

THE RECIPE FOR BEING HAPPY! …

Phil 4:11-13
11 Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. 12 I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. 13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.

Phil 4:11-13
Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am.

12 I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare or going without and being in want.

13 I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].
AMP

Phil 1:3-7
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, 5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
NKJV

Heb 13:20-21
20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
NKJV