Friday, October 28, 2016

NOW Focus!



I’m back in business for myself after four years and working on remembering how to pay all my business taxes in a timely manner. It’s not my strong suit and it causes stress so I’ve avoided it until the eleventh hour and now I have to get it done. So after getting frustrated with things like Quickbooks, IRS instructions, EFTPS being down, UITR forms, etc. I just left it undone last night and now I’m on the last day and tempted to get annoyed and not finish, and then be angry for myself for procrastinating, not finding someone else to do it, failing etc. Not fun, so I’m not going there. So here’s my word for the day.

Find – Follow – Finish! NOW.

Find the instructions, follow them and finish the job. You can do it. Figure it out(pun intended) It’s not that hard(but it seems to be for me) Just believe, remove your pout, get rid of your doubt and do it. Don’t whine or complain or let your mind constrain. Don’t worry, don’t hurry, but just go ONE step at a time. Stay in the NOW and I’ll show you how. I AM NOW, in the NOW and the Author of NOW. Be mindful NOW and focus your attention. Like focusing a lens, looking toward a specific point in time – NOW, makes things clear so you can see where you’re going and what we’re doing. If you try and think about too  many things at once, like everything that you have to do, it clouds your mind and obstructs your vision. So keep your eyes on the road that is directly ahead of you NOW. Don’t try to see the entirety of the road and all the obstacles you will need to overcome along the way, because then you will be distracted and distressed. Thus unfocused and unable to do your best in the NOW, which happens to be where you always live.

It’s difficult for me to focus on doing things that I don’t like to do. How about you? But I can and have done many difficult things. I know that I just need to focus and I can figure it out. I realize that will have to do things that I don’t particularly enjoy. Previously I  tried to make myself like them saying, “If I have to do it I might as well enjoy it.” but it didn’t work and I’ll never enjoy things like doing taxes and installing insulation. But I can do it, and if I must then I might as well focus and get it done as quickly as possible. And that requires me to focus on the task at hand NOW. The enjoyment will come when the job is done and the difficulty has been overcome.

I Am the Now, in the Now and the Author of Now. You need to focus! So stay in the NOW and I’ll show you how.

“NOW it came to pass”

“NOW it happened”

“NOW behold”

“For NOW we live”

2 Cor 6:1-2
6 We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain. 2 For He says:

"In an acceptable time I have heard you,
And in the day of salvation I have helped you."

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
NKJV

Eph 3:20
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
NKJV

1 John 3:2-3
2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.   
  Rev 1:8
 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
NKJV

Heb 10:38
Now the just shall live by faith;
NKJV

Heb 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
NKJV

Ps 118:24-25
24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

25 Save now, I pray, O Lord;
O Lord, I pray, send now prosperity.
NKJV

Prov 7:24
24 Now therefore, listen to me, my children;
Pay attention to the words of my mouth:
NKJV

Isa 33:10
"Now I will rise," says the Lord;
"Now I will be exalted,
Now I will lift Myself up.
NKJV

John 17:5
5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
NKJV

John 2:8
8 And He said to them, "Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast." And they took it.
NKJV

1 Cor 2:12
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
NKJV

1 Cor 3:8
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
NKJV

2 Thess 3:5
Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ.
NKJV

Rom 15:13
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
NKJV

1 Tim 1:5
Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
NKJV

Heb 12:11
11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
NKJV

Heb 12:26
26 whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, …
NKJV

Heb 13:20-21
Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
NKJV

1 Peter 1:24-25
24 because

"All flesh is as grass,
And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass.
The grass withers,
And its flower falls away,
25 But the word of the Lord endures forever."

Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.
NKJV

1 Peter 2:9-11
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
NKJV

1 Peter 2:25
25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
NKJV

1 John 2:28-29
28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
NKJV

1 Tim 1:17
17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
NKJV

NOW! NOW! NOW!
NOW! NOW! NOW!
NOW! NOW!