Monday, November 2, 2009

Hope or Dope?

When you feel like you can’t cope what you need is hope not dope! You want something to kill the pain when it feels like all your dreams have gone down the drain. But don’t despair and look down there because all you’ll see is ugly goo and hair. Don’t get caught in the enemies sink trap, woe your hope and strength and life to sap. Instead look up your God is here, He has come to calm your every fear. Pray and receive His joy and hope, He’ll strengthen you so you don’t mope. He’ll lift you from the dire mire, when you look to Him your heart inspire. He’s the Almighty God so don’t chagrin, with Him on your side you’ll surely win!

Ps 118:5-9
5 I called on the Lord in distress;
The Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.
6 The Lord is on my side;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?
7 The Lord is for me among those who help me;
Therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me.
8 It is better to trust in the Lord
Than to put confidence in man.
9 It is better to trust in the Lord
Than to put confidence in princes.
NKJV

Ps 118:5-7
5 Pushed to the wall, I called to God;
from the wide open spaces, he answered.
6 God's now at my side and I'm not afraid;
who would dare lay a hand on me?
7 God's my strong champion;
I flick off my enemies like flies.
MES

Ps 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth —
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
NKJV

PIE90 Scriptures

Rom 15:13, Ps 31:24

Rom 15:13
13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
NKJV

Ps 31:24
4 Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the Lord.
NKJV

Ps 31:24
24 Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the Lord.
NIV

Ps 31:24
Put away fear and let your heart be strong, all you whose hope is in the Lord.
BBE

Ps 31:24
24 Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for and hope for and expect the Lord!
AMP

Ps 31:24
24 So cheer up! Take courage if you are depending on the Lord.
TLB