Monday, October 11, 2010

“It’s Fine?!”

I’m going through my annual fall ritual of working on the boiler and one thing I’ve figured out is that it’s hard to figure things out when you don’t know much about the things you’re trying to figure. I’ve had a couple of plumbers look at and one said, “I don’t know about that boiler” and another said “It’s fine.” And it is “fine” part of the time, which is all summer long when it’s not running. But then every fall it seems to have some glitch. And it’s hard to find a plumber that really is fine and the one that I do know, I can never get to come. If he would I’m sure he could figure it out in about a tenth of the time it takes me, but it’s not so because he’s not here. And I really don’t like to pay anyway, unless I absolutely have to. So I’m left to my own devices and with the help of my Father on the phone and other friends I “get to” learn all about it and figure it out as I go.

So I was thinking that challenges are much easier to conquer for someone with wisdom, because that it’s hard to figure things out when you don’t know much about the things you’re trying to figure. And yet so many people are still trying to figure out the future. It’s like trying to solve a problem without factoring in all the figures. People will offer you all kinds of “answers” which they have deduced about the future without all the figures, or they may say, “It’s fine.” But the truth is, they really don’t know. They only assume and “assumption is the lowest form of knowledge.” People who actually know are even rarer than good plumbers. And if you’ve worked with most plumbers then you know what I’m saying.

But don’t dismay, remarkably there is one who definitely knows the future, and honestly has all the figures. No, not a plumber, nor any person, not even yourself (if you can believe it), but it is the Almighty. He’s always on call and available to help at a moments notice. He truly does care about your problems and your future and when He says, “It’s fine” then you can know that it’s true, because He’s Almighty and He’s there for you.

On Call

God knows all and He’s always on call.
So if you need help - just ask, for He’s is able, no matter the task.
And even before you pray, He’s already there, with wisdom, power and knowledge to spare.
He’s simply waiting for you to believe, so call upon the Almighty and you shall receive.


Jer 33:3
3 'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'
NKJV

Matt 6b
For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.
NKJV

Heb 4:16
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
NKJV

2 Cor 9:8-9
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.
NKJV

Rom 10:12-13
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
NKJV