Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Setting the Scene or In-Between?

Just because the solution is simple doesn’t mean the application is easy. It takes diligence, dedication and discipline to DO, and not only to do but to keep on doing, what you know you need to do. There are all kinds of distractions and other attractions that will try to draw you off course or decay your day with delay. And it’s like driving too close to the edge of the road and if you allow yourself to be dazed, you’ll end up in a ditch.

But what shall you do? You first need to know the course and then you need to stay the course, but the second always more strenuous. Because anyone can start a race but satisfaction is for those who finish. How often have you found yourself distracted and ended up disappointed because you didn’t do what you set out to do? Not because you couldn’t, but because you wouldn’t, or did not - make yourself. And if you don’t - make yourself, then what or who is making you? Is your life just a smorgasbord of everything not ignored? Are you a product of your environment, setting your own scene, or somewhere in the middle, just in-between? And if you’re in-between, is it because of poor routine?

So - if you want to go, beyond the status-quo, be diligent to DO, what you know. Avoid distraction, stay on course, and live your life without remorse.

James 1:22-25
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
NKJV

Heb 6:11-12
11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, 12 that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
NKJV

Heb 6:11-12
11 And now I want each of you to extend that same intensity toward a full-bodied hope, and keep at it till the finish. 12 Don't drag your feet. Be like those who stay the course with committed faith and then get everything promised to them.
MES

Heb 10:36
36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:
NKJV

Phil 3:12-14
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
NKJV

Col 1:11
11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;
NKJV

Eph 3:16
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
NKJV

2 Cor 12:9-10
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
NKJV

Joel 3:10
10 Beat your plowshares into swords
And your pruning hooks into spears;
Let the weak say, 'I am strong.'"
NKJV

Eph 6:10-11
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
NKJV

Phil 4:13
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
NKJV