Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Thinking Sheep Statue



If we could only hear from or be “led by the Spirit” when we were “being perfect” then no one would ever hear from God or be led by the Spirit. He is the Shepherd and we are the sheep. So it’s His job to lead, and to understand how to lead each one individually. And it’s not our job to “try and figure it out.”  We can only choose to follow - or not. And He says, that we will “hear His voice” but it’s frustrating because we don’t – hear His voice – with our ears. So if we don’t hear His voice with our ears then how do we hear it? Somehow we “hear” His voice from inside of us and it seems to translate into some kind of knowing. Somehow and sometimes we just seem to know what to do or what not to do. (or at least we think we do – why can’t He just send a text or email or something!) But He doesn’t, and so we have to learn how to “know” and to just go with the flow. And it’s extremely difficult if you’re analyzing everything and trying to figure out why you know what you know, or where or who what you know is coming from, and if any if it’s even right. So you get “paralysis by analysis” and then you’re just a thinking sheep statue and stuck in that stature, and time goes by but nothing happens. Except you feel guilty and angry because you’re not accomplishing anything that’s really means anything to you.

It’s no fun and so I’m done, done trying to be the One. Done trying to figure out what has already been figured out by someOne greater than me. Now I just trust Him to lead me and if He can’t do it then it’s not my problem. And I know that He can and I just need to be willing to go ahead and do what I know and go with the flow. And I will trust my conscience and follow my convictions in order to stay on the right path. And if I’m doing that - then if it seems to be good then I probably should, but if it makes my heart feel like rot then I probably should not. So now I just choose to follow the good voice within and not the other one. And just go ahead and go with what I know and let Him make adjustments along the way.  

He is God and I am man, where He leads I’ll follow because I can!
And I’m not going to be stress about the rest, because I trust in Him and His plan is best.   

I know what to do so I’ll do what I know! Now I need to get going and go with the flow!

John 10:3-6
3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.  4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.  5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers." 
NKJV

“He fashions their hearts individually
Ps 33:13-15
3 The Lord looks from heaven;
He sees all the sons of men.
14 From the place of His dwelling He looks
On all the inhabitants of the earth;
15 He fashions their hearts individually;
He considers all their works.
NKJV

Sometimes less is more and more is less, especially when you’re writing, do you acquiesce?