Monday, December 12, 2016

Time Is Not My Master



I will not be compelled by time but propelled by Love. I hate feeling restless and disturbed and driven because I feel like I have DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME! Pushed to scurry and hurry and worry, to do more, to do better, and to DO IT ALL - FASTER! I hear the voice of the clock like a specter, “tick tock, tick-tock,” and its ghost hovers over me, analyzing my moments, holding a prod, and eagerly waiting to strike. It wants to haunt my mind and terrify my heart. It intends to possess me and make itself my master.

But NO! I say, you won’t ruin my day! I DO HAVE TIME and I am its master. I will do what I need to do and will not be haunted or driven by you. Time is mine and here to serve me and so I will “make it so.”
I will do what matters most and let my life be governed by the compass and not the clock. The compass represents my true values and is not subject to time. For me true Love is true North, and everything else is subject to it. And God is the Spirit and the Spirit is Love, and He said to “follow me.” And so I will walk in the Spirit and live in Love! But I must make the decision and stick to it, because time and fear will keep trying to crowd in and take over. But I will resist them and continue to follow my Master and trust Him to make the most of MY TIME!

I HAVE TIME, and I use it wisely.

I have peace, I know what to do and so I go with the flow.

And I don’t believe that it’s meant to be difficult but natural. So I will not be subject to the stress of time, but I will follow the Spirit and trust Him to do what’s best with the rest.   


Time is slow and not my master so I’ll flow in the Spirit because it’s faster.  

It’s the flesh that’s concerned about time and not the spirit, so consider this.

Rom 8:5-7
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
NKJV

Rom 8:14-15
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
NKJV

Ps 32:8-9
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.
9 Do not be like the horse or like the mule,
Which have no understanding,
Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle,
Else they will not come near you.
NKJV

Col 3:14-17
14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
NKJV

Phil 4:6-7
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
NKJV

Isa 26:3
You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
NKJV

Phil 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
NKJV

Eph 6:10-11
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
NKJV

Eph 3:16-17
…be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
NKJV

1 John 4:12-16
12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
NKJV