Saturday, February 12, 2011

RAW

“For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.” (1 Cor 4:20)

I have decided that I will no longer preach a gospel without power. The power of God was evident in the early days of my salvation and then somehow with increase of my Christian education came a decrease in the manifestation of the power. Not to the fault of my education but somewhere somehow I lost the simplicity and the “rawness” of my early faith. In the beginning I just believed and received but then somewhere I must have been deceived because I started “trying” and started dying. So I’m going back to the basics and am “determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.” (1 Cor 2:2) I believe I’m called to preach the gospel and that “it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes” (Rom 1:16) I’m convinced that if the power of God is not manifested that the gospel is not fully preached. (Rom 15:15-19) And if I can’t preach it fully then I will not preach it at all lest I become a reproach to my Lord and Father. I believe it’s time to put my life on the line and test my calling, I believe that it is true and so therefore there shall be evidence in the manifestation of people’s deliverance and salvation. And if there’s not then what can I do but conclude that my message is marred and quit my foolish preaching and pray until God shows me exactly what to do, and what to say?

There’s a new fire burning in my heart and I understand how Paul felt when He said “I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.” Because I’m laying it all on the line and if God doesn’t show up and confirm His Word then I will be found out to be a liar. But it’s not about me, but setting the captives free, and if God wants to use me then let it be, but there must be a manifestation for the people to hear and see. I’m done with reasoning and going for it all and God shall make me stand or I shall fall.

Matt 6:10
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
NKJV

Gal 3:1-6
3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified? 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have you suffered so many things in vain — if indeed it was in vain?

5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? —
NKJV

1 Cor 1:18-2:5
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. 27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; 28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29 that no flesh should glory in His presence. 30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God — and righteousness and sanctification and redemption — 31 that, as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord."

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
NKJV

1 Thess 1:5
5 For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance, as you know what kind of men we were among you for your sake.
NKJV

2 Peter 1:16
16 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
NKJV

Acts 1:8
8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."
NKJV

Eph 3:6-7
6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.
NKJV

Eph 3:20
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
NKJV