Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Stoked?

At this time of year many people are thinking about what they want to do – or at least feeling the pressure to. For most it’s nothing new but just a review as you renew what you think you “should do.” If you didn’t, “get your goals” last year you’re probably not too excited about going again. “Hope deferred makes the heart sick.” (Prov 13:12) When your dreams don’t come to pass and your resolutions just keep revolving it gets harder and harder to hope and you start your descent down a slippery slope. How long can you cope with unfulfilled hope until your heart begins to mope and to your dream says, “Nope!” Then in chagrin, you refuse to fail again, by avoiding to begin, as you nurse your woes within. You know that you “ought to” but you just don’t “want to!” Your desire has been fatally wounded, it should be white hot but it’s been reduced to a small flickering flame. You try to rebuild the fire but it seems all your fuel’s stuck in the mire of yesteryears wet wounds. Discouragement is dangerous disease and if not dealt with directly will cause dream decay. Everything’s harder with a heavy heart and the weight of woes, this invisible burden only the carrier knows. You may look fine on the outside but are you sputtering within? Does the “New Year!” somehow make you mad or deep down sad because know from the past that this glimmer of “hope” wont last? If so then you’ve got the dreaded disease and you need help.

People with grand dreams tend to discouragement. Thoughts of higher heights left unattained lead to deeper depths within the brain. The same “gift” that allows you to imagine the best also seems to enhance the worst. It’s either a full color dream or a vivid nightmare. And if the night has become your plight the answer is go to the light. The weight of the Word is always greater than the weight of your woes. His light has the might to bring you out of your darkest night but you have to “get close” to ignite. “Our God is a consuming Fire!” and fellowship with Him fuels the flames. When you meditate on the Word everyday you stoke the fire but when you don’t you begin to lose your desire. It can be a cold hard world out there so hope needs to be maintained to stay hot and if it’s not you’ll feel distraught. Over the years you may have stockpiled the weight of many woes. If the inner burden seems to be oppressing and pressing you it’s time to start a fire. That’s what you do with all your old worthless junk you burn it up so it’s gone once and for all. You invite the “Fire within” and let the life and passion of Jesus and His Word burn in your heart. And you invite the “Fire without” and become immersed in the Spirit and Fire of the Almighty! The world dumps its trash daily and you will either be a receptacle or an incinerator. It’s when you avoid the fire that life begins to be dark and stink. The sun rises daily in all it’s brilliance but many never see it because it’s obscured by the dark clouds of discouragement. But it’s an amazing thing that when you pray you are able to rise above it all and see the light. Your turmoil is temporary and there’s a higher place of perfect peace. Focus on the state of the world and you’ll live in the landfill or daily renew your faith in God and you’ll rise above and live in love!

I know I’m speaking to someone directly today so if you need help please pray this or something like it.

“Lord I ask you to set me free from all the woes and weight of the past. This time I believe my liberty last. I purpose to spend my life aware of You, so your love and glory can shine through. I’m trusting in Your Presence to fuel my desire and continually burn up the chaff with unquenchable Fire! Daily I’ll feed my hope with your Word so I can stay stoked as Your promise’s is invoked!”

Matt 11:28-30
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
NKJV

Matt 3:11-12
1 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."
NKJV

Luke 24:32-33
32 And they said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?"
NKJV

Jer 23:29
9 "Is not My word like a fire?" says the Lord,
"And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?
NKJV

Jer 20:9
But His word was in my heart like a burning fire
Shut up in my bones;
NKJV

Heb 12:29
29 For our God is a consuming fire.
NKJV

If your wood is wet with woe read this story – I Kings 18:20-39

PIE90 Scripture:

Rom 15:13
13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
NKJV