Tuesday, December 15, 2009

You’re God! You’re the Man! YOU ROCK!

“On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!”

For today a song! Check out these versions and pick the one you like best. They go from less mellow to more mellow.

Solid Rock – Delirious in concert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7oUbHBGOGs

Solid Rock – with Pictures and lyrics by Interface
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQgD_Wg9DG4

The Solid Rock – 4Him with pictures and scriptures
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuSC3qOER58

PIE90 Scripture: Pick One

Ps 18:1-3
8 I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.
NKJV

Ps 18:31-32
1 For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.
NKJV

Ps 18:46
46 The Lord lives!
Blessed be my Rock!
Let the God of my salvation be exalted.
NKJV

Ps 31:2-3
2 Bow down Your ear to me,
Deliver me speedily;
Be my rock of refuge,
A fortress of defense to save me.

3 For You are my rock and my fortress;
Therefore, for Your name's sake,
Lead me and guide me.
NKJV

Ps 40:1-3
40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth —
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
NKJV

Ps 61:2-4
2 From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

3 For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.
NKJV

Ps 62:2
2 He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be greatly moved.
NKJV

Ps 62:5-7
My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
7 In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
NKJV

Ps 71:3
3 Be my strong refuge,
To which I may resort continually;
You have given the commandment to save me,
For You are my rock and my fortress.
NKJV

Ps 95:1
95 Oh come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
NKJV

Ps 144:1
144 Blessed be the Lord my Rock,
Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle —
NKJV

Isa 32:1-3
32 Behold, a king will reign in righteousness,
And princes will rule with justice.
2 A man will be as a hiding place from the wind,
And a cover from the tempest,
As rivers of water in a dry place,
As the shadow of a great rock in a weary land.
3 The eyes of those who see will not be dim,
And the ears of those who hear will listen.
NKJV

Matt 7:24-27
24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."
NKJV

Matt 16:18
nd on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
NKJV

1 Cor 10:1-5
10 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, 2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
NKJV