Thursday, November 18, 2010

Depressed

“I don’t feel like getting up. I don’t feel like talking to anyone. I can’t cope with everything. I don’t want to go anywhere or do anything. Sleep is the only escape. What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with the world? I hate everything. I try not to care but it doesn’t help. I’m so sad that it hurts. It feels like I can’t breathe. My head’s all messed up. Why can’t I think right? Panic, retreat, fear and agony…” Sound familiar?

You’re dealing with depression enforced by oppression. Or not dealing with it. And you’re not alone, everyone has to resist it. Some appear to be “all right” and an abundance put on a good act. But you can’t hide from what’s inside. You can try to hide it but you can’t hide from it. You can deny it but denial can’t deliver you. You know that you need to change, but how? It seems so hard because it is, so what you need help and hope from heaven. If you could deliver yourself then you should have, and would have “got r done” by now. So I’m extending my hand to hold yours, to help you find God’s Hand and learn to keep a hold of it.

Isa 41:10-13
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

11 "Behold, all those who were incensed against you
Shall be ashamed and disgraced;
They shall be as nothing,
And those who strive with you shall perish.
12 You shall seek them and not find them —
Those who contended with you.
Those who war against you
Shall be as nothing,
As a nonexistent thing.
13 For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand,
Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'
NKJV

I might not be the person you need to hold your hand but you do need somebody to help you. The person who holds your hand holds you accountable. They are there to keep you from “tripping” and slipping back into oppressive thought patterns. Depression is enforced by bad thoughts that have become like ruts in a muddy road that lead you down to dark places. If you really want to change then you will have to change the entire way that you think. You will have to find an up road and fight to stay on it. The high road is God’s road, it’s His Words which are His thoughts and they will lift you up. All others take you down. And I know that it’s easier to go down and stay down but that’s not right, so it’s time to get up and fight. You can’t do it by yourself but you can learn to be “strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.”

Your thought process is the problem. Welcome to humanity. Everyone has bad thoughts, some deny, some deal, and some reveal. But the answer is a complete change of mind. And the method is through meditation on God’s Word. His words contain His thoughts and they hold the power to completely renew your mind. But it won’t happen automatically or overnight. It will happen at a ratio equal to the application of the Word to your mind. God says that if you want to have peace and prosper then you should meditate on His Word day and night. In other words, in every situation you are able to think about what He said; about it and about you. This is war, and the battle is between your ears. If you’re inclined to fear or to put yourself down then you will have to resist yourself. But you can’t resist yourself by yourself, all will do is tire yourself out. So let God take your hand and give you His thoughts and help you to think them. You have to rethink what you think and rethink it and rethink it. Every time evil arises in your mind you have use God’s Word to put it down or it will put you down.

2 Cor 10:3-6
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
NKJV

You have to talk to yourself and resist the thoughts with the Word. This is the fight, so will you fight? And continue to fight day and night? Find a minister or friend who will stick with you and help you win - through blood, sweat and tears, who’s not afraid of sin. Who will confront your affront of yourself and help you resist the attack and direct you back. Someone who’s not afraid of your fears or shocked the real thoughts between your ears. It is war after all, and it’s ugly cruel. But by God’s grace you can win, so find a partner and fight and continue to fight, meditate on God’s Word day and night, to make your mind right and walk in the Light.

Luke 4:1-13
4 Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 2 being tempted for forty days by the devil. And in those days He ate nothing, and afterward, when they had ended, He was hungry.

3 And the devil said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread."

4 But Jesus answered him, saying, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.'"

5 Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7 Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours."

8 And Jesus answered and said to him, "Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.'"

9 Then he brought Him to Jerusalem, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here. 10 For it is written:

'He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you,'

11 and,

'In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.'"

12 And Jesus answered and said to him, "It has been said, 'You shall not tempt the Lord your God.'"

13 Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.
NKJV

1 Peter 5:8-9
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
NKJV

Psalm 91
1 HE WHO dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!

3 For [then] He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.

4 [Then] He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler.

5 You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day,

6 Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you.

8 Only a spectator shall you be [yourself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High] as you witness the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the Lord your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place, [Ps 91:1,14.]

10 There shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.

11 For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service].

12 They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone. [Luke 4:10,11; Heb 1:14.]

13 You shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the serpent shall you trample underfoot. [Luke 10:19.]

14 Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness — trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].

15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.
AMP

Rom 15:13
13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
NKJV