Tuesday, November 23, 2010

YOUR ENEMY?!

Who and what do you consider to be your enemy? If you “don’t know” then you may die. An enemy is defined as “one hostile to another; one who hates, and desires or attempts the injury of another.” (Web 1913) It’s easy to see that the Devil is the archenemy. However, most people don’t deal directly with the Devil. He is only one and he’s not omnipresent. So being limited to one location he has to send out His troops. His tactics are wicked and referred to as his wiles.

Eph 6:11-12
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
NKJV

So he’s like the king in the game of chess and uses others to do his bidding. If you aware of him but are “ignorant of his devices” (2 Cor 2:11) then you are still open for deception leading to destruction. He “does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.” But if it’s not actually him- then whom and what? You can’t just resist the ruler without recognizing the pawns and players. You must beware of principalities and powers and of their devices of destruction. Because you can resist the archenemy all day long but it won’t help if you go home and step on a land mine of strife or drink the poison of propaganda.

So I want to begin discussing and teaching you how to overcome your archenemy and especially all your “little enemies.” There’s less threat of actually being killed the king than by being destroyed by one of his devices. As a good soldier must be able to recognize the actual enemy and ready to disarm, captivate or even kill. Because you can’t treat foes like friends or combatants like civilians or be civil in conflict and expect to overcome.

Ps 18:37-42
37 I have pursued my enemies and overtaken them;
Neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed.
38 I have wounded them,
So that they could not rise;
They have fallen under my feet.
39 For You have armed me with strength for the battle;
You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.
40 You have also given me the necks of my enemies,
So that I destroyed those who hated me.
41 They cried out, but there was none to save;
Even to the Lord, but He did not answer them.
42 Then I beat them as fine as the dust before the wind;
I cast them out like dirt in the streets.
NKJV

You need to learn how to recognize not only the source but also the manifestation of the attack in order to fight back. So tomorrow we’ll begin with the topic of L.A.C.K. because the enemy will attempt to L.ie, A.ttack, C.orrupt, K.ill. But God Almighty said…

Isa 41:10-13
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

11 "Behold, all those who were incensed against you
Shall be ashamed and disgraced;
They shall be as nothing,
And those who strive with you shall perish.
12 You shall seek them and not find them —
Those who contended with you.
Those who war against you
Shall be as nothing,
As a nonexistent thing.
13 For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand,
Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'
NKJV

Deut 33:27
27 The eternal God is your refuge,
And underneath are the everlasting arms;
He will thrust out the enemy from before you,
And will say, 'Destroy!'
NKJV

Num 10:35
35 So it was, whenever the ark set out, that Moses said:

"Rise up, O Lord!
Let Your enemies be scattered,
And let those who hate You flee before You."
NKJV

Josh 10:24-25
24 So it was, when they brought out those kings to Joshua, that Joshua called for all the men of Israel, and said to the captains of the men of war who went with him, "Come near, put your feet on the necks of these kings." And they drew near and put their feet on their necks. 25 Then Joshua said to them,"Do not be afraid, nor be dismayed; be strong and of good courage, for thus the Lord will do to all your enemies against whom you fight."
NKJV

Rom 16:19-20
19 For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil. 20 And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.
NKJV

Ps 143
1 Hear my prayer, O Lord,
Give ear to my supplications!
In Your faithfulness answer me,
And in Your righteousness.
2 Do not enter into judgment with Your servant,
For in Your sight no one living is righteous.

3 For the enemy has persecuted my soul;
He has crushed my life to the ground;
He has made me dwell in darkness,
Like those who have long been dead.
4 Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me;
My heart within me is distressed.

5 I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all Your works;
I muse on the work of Your hands.
6 I spread out my hands to You;
My soul longs for You like a thirsty land.
Selah

7 Answer me speedily, O Lord;
My spirit fails!
Do not hide Your face from me,
Lest I be like those who go down into the pit.
8 Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You.

9 Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies;
In You I take shelter.
10 Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Your Spirit is good.
Lead me in the land of uprightness.

11 Revive me, O Lord, for Your name's sake!
For Your righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.
12 In Your mercy cut off my enemies,
And destroy all those who afflict my soul;
For I am Your servant.
NKJV

Ps 107:2
2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so,
Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy,
NKJV

Ps 97:3
3 A fire goes before Him,
And burns up His enemies round about.
NKJV

Ps 66:1-3
66 Shout with joy to God, all the earth!
2 Sing the glory of his name;
make his praise glorious!
3 Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds!
So great is your power
that your enemies cringe before you.
NIV

Ps 68:1-3
68 Let God arise,
Let His enemies be scattered;
Let those also who hate Him flee before Him.
2 As smoke is driven away,
So drive them away;
As wax melts before the fire,
So let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
3 But let the righteous be glad;
Let them rejoice before God;
Yes, let them rejoice exceedingly.
NKJV

Ps 108:13
13 With God we will gain the victory,
and he will trample down our enemies.
NIV

Rom 8:31-39
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:

"For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
NKJV