Sunday, November 20, 2016

Fight or Flight



Get off of the FOF!
Enough is enough,
It’s time to be tough.
So be a man and make a plan,
Seek the Source and stay the course.

Phil 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
NKJV

They say that I may have ADHD. (Who knew?) I’ve tried to deny it for many years and have usually been able to get by if I try. But recently my stress level has met a new devil. And since my heart was hurting and I thought I might die I thought that maybe I should give the Doc. a try. So now I’ve put the quash on the excessive drinking and started using prescription drugs to change my thinking. It sounds bad I know but at least this way there is some control. And now I feel like I realize that I have actually been stressed out for about forty years. LOL No, really it all started back in first grade when I failed to learn the alphabet and started to get behind in school. Then I had to get a tutor, and I learned to write – (kind of) and later than most. So anyway I feel like I have been in “Fight or Flight” mode for most of my life. And now that I’m “on drugs” and have visited some calm place of mind I realize that I have very rarely been there nor have I ever stayed long before. So we’ll see how this turns out. My goal is not to be on drugs, but I was drinking too much and that wasn’t working. I have too many dreams and too much to do so I can’t let this stress break me in two. I don’t have time for a breakdown. So there you go, hopefully this will help someone else and I’ll let you know how the experiment goes. But for now I have decided to get off of the rollercoaster of FOF!(fight or flight)

GET OFF OF THE FOF!