Saturday, November 26, 2016

What Little Letters Create is Great!



I once fell into a pit of despair so I made a ladder out of letters and climbed up out of the hole. I found myself in the woods in a landscape of grey and utter silence. So I began to write and a living masterpiece of light in many hues began to glow upon the horizon. The rays of the sun began to shine through the clouds as all the colors of the forest began to come alive. So I took more words and gave songs to the birds and sounds to streams. I gave psalms to the wind and poems to the trees and all of the creation began to become alive with the melodies of life. To the creatures each I gave their own utterance and speech. I laid the foundation of the earth beneath and made it firm and formidable using words of promise. I sculpted the great cliffs and brought forth their heights with the stroke of my pen. With flowing ink I made great birds in the sky to herald the news in flight that we create when we write.

The alphabet with its tiny letters, can inspire greatness, or put minds in fetters. And though its characters alone be small, when brought together can make it all.

Ps 45:1
My heart is overflowing with a good theme;
I recite my composition concerning the King;
My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
NKJV

Ps 45:1
My heart bursts its banks,
spilling beauty and goodness.
I pour it out in a poem to the king,
shaping the river into words:
MES


…and shaping words into a river.

John 7:38
“He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
NKJV