Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Off Your Rocker



Hey! I think I’m “really onto something here!” But in order to “go for it!” I think I’ll have to get “off my rocker!” And I know what I need to do and where I need to go but I keep feeling like I’m going crazy. But sometimes it takes a bit of crazy to make a new creation. So instead of yielding to the temptation to sit back down and get back down into my old way of thinking I think I’m just going to embrace it and stop trying to erase it.

When you step out to do something new fear will come near and try and push you back. It will say you can’t take it and you’re not going to make it. So sit down and shut up and get back in your rocker, because you’re not a walker. Stay right there in your comfortable chair, put on your old cozy hat, and don’t try a new cap or even think about thinking like that!

But I can’t just sit here and die so I’ll give it a try. I’ll listen to my Maker and not my mocker, and step out again and get off my rocker. I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again because “a new way of thinking” is a means to an end.  And it makes me feel better to know it’s OK, when things are a changin - to be feeling this way.

So if you really want to get “onto something new” you’ll probably have to get off your rocker first.

Isa 43:18-19
18 "Do not remember the former things,
Nor consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.
NKJV

Isa 43:18-19
18 "Forget about what's happened;
don't keep going over old history.
19 Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new.
It's bursting out! Don't you see it?
There it is! I'm making a road through the desert,
rivers in the badlands.
MES

Rom 12:2
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
NKJV