Monday, November 7, 2016

Your Calling is Calling



Your calling is calling, will you answer?

To answer means –
to REPLY, and to RESPOND.

It will take strength and courage to answer and act.
And you must act!
Because without action,
You can’t have satisfaction.

Your calling is not usually grandiose or abstract,
but simple and clear and matter of fact.

So don’t get caught up trying to do all the things,
But take your next step and let your heart sing.

You’ll overcome fear, just one step at a time,
And now I have to go act, so I’m done with this rhyme.


…but I didn’t go… yet… because I feel like I need to elaborate.

I’ve had challenges with applying this because I have a tendency to get bogged down in in all the details and get stuck in “paralysis by analysis.” Then I get mad because I feel like I’ve wasted too much time trying to “figure everything out.” And then I start to feel like I’m behind and compelled to hurry. And since I’ve spent so much time thinking about ALL the things I need to do I feel overwhelmed and inadequate for everything and don’t want to do anything. And then even the small tasks start to seem huge because I’m carrying around the weight of everything. And this is not a fun way to live and not productive.

So I’m working on changing because my calling is calling.

I know of many things now that need to be done,
but for each moment in time I can only do one.
One thing at a time, one day at a time,
one step at a time, this mountain I climb.
Rising simply and slowly into the blue,
but when I stop and look out,
what a marvelous view!

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
NKJV

Josh 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
NKJV