Thursday, April 15, 2010

Get it In Writing!

To be a good steward pray and put things in order, itemize, prioritize, be a recorder.
To record simply means to “put it in writing” the ink is then binding God’s will inciting.

“Get it in writing” is what you say when you’re urging someone to confirm a commitment. For as long as it’s only spoken it can be manipulated but once it is written it’s much more difficult to weasel out of or change. Once it is written it keeps us from lying or denying what we agreed to and made plain to see. Most people tend to forget to what they commit and then in their own minds they are no longer responsible. Somewhere down deep they know they’re a liar but the evidence is conveniently “lost” to the self-denier. This is the reason many promises are broken, because it’s not written but only spoken. Many of the things that people know they should do, they never finish and then deny that it’s true.

So God’s saying to me that He wants it in writing because my flesh will conveniently try to reason away the things He did say. But when His instructions to me are clear to see the words “it is written” will then set me free. Liberated from the temptation to deny, lie and reason, I’m bound by the ink I so I can’t commit treason. This will work with the large items as well as the small but if I don’t write it down I might not do it at all. And when He asks me. “Why?” then what will I say? “Sorry! I forgot to do what You said what I prayed.” I know I can quote God but when He can quote me it will come to pass that the truth set me free.

Matt 4:1-11
4 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry. 3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."

4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"

5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:

'He shall give His angels charge over you,'

and,

'In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.'"

7 Jesus said to him, "It is written again, 'You shall not tempt the Lord your God.'"

8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me."

10 Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.'"

11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.
NKJV

John 8:31-32
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
NKJV


PIE

PRAY - read and write, talk and listen

ITEMIZE - WRITE IT DOWN! P.S. it - prioritize, strategize

EXERCISE - ACT, do it, action

Simply pray and obey everyday!