Thursday, April 8, 2010

Something New?

Aahh! Green grass! Why is it so nice to see? What I’ve seen outside for the last six months is mostly white and various shades of brown. Snow is glistening and beautiful but then the stuff we live in gets dirty and turns blackish. And now it’s time for “mud season” and more clinging browns. Thank God for the evergreens and blue sky otherwise I don’t think I could stand the color palette of winter. Even on the mountains where the snow stays pure you can still get tired of looking stark white. Don’t get me wrong, I love all the seasons but after a few months I’m ready for change and especially at the end of winter begin to crave to see signs of new life. I don’t think most people would like to live in on ice year round and part of the reason is because everything is dormant. It’s good to stop and reflect and be serene but after some introspection we often need a bit extrospection. I know it’s not a word but now it is, and something new for you. People say, “you can’t just make up words” but why not, somebody made up the words we’re using today. Anyway, what does your color palette look like? It’s time to shine and spring forth with some new life. You can’t always choose what you see on the outside but you have your own set of paints for what’s coming from the inside. How about changing your own perspective simply by painting something vibrant and new from within? And if that sounds too difficult then let me just say it’s your box of crayons so color it the way you want to.

Isa 43:19
19 Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.
NKJV

Ezek 36:26-27
26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
NKJV

Joel 2:23-24
23 Be glad then, you children of Zion,
And rejoice in the Lord your God;
For He has given you the former rain faithfully,
And He will cause the rain to come down for you —
The former rain,
And the latter rain in the first month.
24 The threshing floors shall be full of wheat,
And the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil.
NKJV

2 Cor 5:17-18
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
NKJV

Rev 21:5

5 Then He who sat on the throne said,"Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."
NKJV