Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Snooze, Zap, Vapor!

I press the snooze button and it vaporizes my time, my plans and my life. Snoozing is a waste of time! I’m not getting the benefits of being asleep or awake but floating somewhere in the middle in nowhere land. Add up all the time and I’ve already destroyed many months. The loss of time isn’t the worst part although it equates to a loss of life and productivity. But the bad thing is when I miss my appointment with God. Everyday when I fellowship and pray is when I receive the wisdom and strength to obey. And when I obey things seem to go my way. And when I don’t, I don’t even know what to do much less have the power to follow through. Then another day goes by and God’s will’s not done and my time’s like a vapor in the noon day sun.

If you want to fulfill your dreams wake up, snoozing can be done all day. How long will you delay to start what’s on your heart? Snoozing isn’t just reserved for the early morning many people do it their whole lives. The never get around to fulfilling their dreams the just keep pressing the mental snooze button. Excuses abound like the alarm clock beeping. If you have to make an excuse it just shows that you should have done something already but you’ve been too “busy” snoozing and saying, “I’ll do it soon.” Then you press the button again and ZAP – your dreams turn to vapor. Time is short your life will be over before you know it so don’t let this happen to you. It’s time to - Shut up! Get up! and Go do! What you know you ought to! Because you know the old saying, “If ya snooze ya loose!” And what you loose is life!

“For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.”
James 4:14b
NKJV

Eph 5:14-17
"Wake up, O sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you."

15 Be very careful, then, how you live — not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
NIV

Eph 5:14-17
14 Wake up from your sleep,
Climb out of your coffins;
Christ will show you the light!

15 So watch your step. Use your head. 16 Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times!

17 Don't live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants.
MES

Rom 13:11-13
11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
NKJV

PIE90 Scripture:

Luke 6:46-47

46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say?
NKJV