Monday, February 8, 2010

Abstaining and Striving, Training for Reigning!

Exercise is more interesting when you doing it for a reason and life more intense when you realize you’re training for reigning. God’s given you the freedom to do what you want to but do you really want to? Every action has an outcome that will affect your ability to overcome. Some things make you weak while others sow strength and laziness produces a harvest of weeds. The things you do are “seeds” and what you sow is what you’ll grow. The fruit of your life will be the result of what you do day by day. If you want to win you will have to choose some things and refuse others. When you’re tempted to sow weakness you can say, “No, I’m abstaining on account of my training!” You can do what makes you wimpy if you want to but you’ve got something greater to do. When you’re training what you choose to give up is not nearly as great as what you get. You’re not really losing anything but investing in a better future instead of carrying on in the consequences of instant gratification. You’re not just living a mundane life and surviving but striving and thriving. You are training for reigning in every area, spiritually, mentally, physically, financially and relationally. The Holy Spirit is your ultimate personal trainer and helping you get supernaturally fit as you submit. So it’s up to you, what are you gonna do? Will you be a spectator just watching life go by or will you get up, get ready and get in the game? You were created to be victorious and as soon as you decide that’s what you’re going to do God will be there helping you every step of the way! And one day you’ll stand before the King of kings and He’ll either say, “Well done!” or “What?” “What did you do with what I gave you wicked and lazy one?” (Mt 25:14-29) Then we will reign with Him forever and I suspect that those who are ready will start ruling with Him and those who aren’t will then start their training.

Ouch! I wasn’t intending to go there but have no fear and don’t despair! You are “strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!” and you “CAN DO all things through Christ who strengthens you!”

Josh 1:9
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
NKJV

1 Cor 9:24-27
24 You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. 25 All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You're after one that's gold eternally.

26 I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! 27 I'm staying alert and in top condition. I'm not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself.
MES

1 Cor 9:24-27
24 In a race everyone runs, but only one person gets first prize. So run your race to win. 25 To win the contest you must deny yourselves many things that would keep you from doing your best. An athlete goes to all this trouble just to win a blue ribbon or a silver cup, but we do it for a heavenly reward that never disappears. 26 So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I fight to win. I'm not just shadow-boxing or playing around. 27 Like an athlete I punish my body, treating it roughly, training it to do what it should, not what it wants to. Otherwise I fear that after enlisting others for the race, I myself might be declared unfit and ordered to stand aside.
TLB

2 Tim 2:11-13
11 This is a faithful saying:

For if we died with Him,
We shall also live with Him.
12 If we endure,
We shall also reign with Him.
If we deny Him,
He also will deny us.
13 If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself.
NKJV

Rev 5:10
10 And have made us kings and priests to our God;
And we shall reign on the earth."
NKJV

Rom 5:17
7 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
NKJV