Sunday, February 21, 2010

Get Up and Start Stopping

Everyday when I get up I want to get going. I finally stopped moving but it’s been two hours since I woke up. Today there were cars to be cleaned off and snow to be shoveled and it seems that there’s always something that I can do in the morning besides stop and pray. But I learned that if I want to experience peace and be productive that I need to start stopping before I get going. I need to “know” before I go and God has things to show but how will I know unless stop and see before I go? I need to go slower early so I can go faster later. When I wait on God I get direction, correction and protection. And when I have direction I don’t waste time getting lost and going on detours; when I receive correction I avoid the pits, pains and injuries that cause problems and when I follow my direction and correction it results in my protection.

So don’t take the bait to hurry right out of the gate and end up late but take time to WAIT because you have a date Who will make you great.

Isa 40:29-31
29 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
NKJV

Isa 30:18
18 Therefore the Lord will wait, that He may be gracious to you;
And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you.
For the Lord is a God of justice;
Blessed are all those who wait for Him.
NKJV

Ps 106:10-15
10 He saved them from the hand of him who hated them,
And redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.
11 The waters covered their enemies;
There was not one of them left.
12 Then they believed His words;
They sang His praise.

13 They soon forgot His works;
They did not wait for His counsel,
14 But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness,
And tested God in the desert.
15 And He gave them their request,
But sent leanness into their soul.
NKJV

Ps 27:13-14
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.

14 Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!
NKJV

Ps 37:7-9

7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret — it only causes harm.

9 For evildoers shall be cut off;
But those who wait on the Lord,
They shall inherit the earth.
NKJV

Ps 37:34
34 Wait on the Lord,
And keep His way,
And He shall exalt you to inherit the land;
NKJV

Ps 62:5-7
5 My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
7 In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
NKJV

Luke 12:35-40
35 "Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning; 36 and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately. 37 Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them. 38 And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. 39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."
NKJV