Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Be Very Wary

Some people can’t find work they enjoy; others choose to enjoy the work they have found. Attitude is more important than aptitude. Work isn’t always fun and particularly when you’re not working in the area of your inclination, but you can always choose to be happy. If you have a good attitude you will enjoy yourself and if you don’t you won’t. Because how can you enjoy yourself when yourself isn’t being enjoyable? No one likes to live with a sorrowful soul and especially when you know it’s an affliction of self. If you’re not happy it’s because you have chosen not to be, and no one can do anything about it except you. It’s a hard pill to swallow, but if this pill you will, then you will be, because you will to be - in control of your own countenance. Webster’s Dictionary says that that to complain is to claim or express pain but merry is to be full of fun and laughter. So will you complain and inflict pain or be merry and cheery, it’s all up to you so be very wary.

Phil 4:11-13
11 Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. 12 I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. 13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
MES

Phil 4:11-13
11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
NKJV

Prov 14:23
23 In all labor there is profit,
But idle chatter leads only to poverty.
NKJV

Eccl 2:24
24 Nothing is better for a man than that he should eat and drink, and that his soul should enjoy good in his labor. This also, I saw, was from the hand of God.
NKJV

Eccl 3:9-13
9 What profit has the worker from that in which he labors? 10 I have seen the God-given task with which the sons of men are to be occupied. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.

12 I know that nothing is better for them than to rejoice, and to do good in their lives, 13 and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor — it is the gift of God.
NKJV

Eccl 5:18-20
18 Here is what I have seen: It is good and fitting for one to eat and drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labor in which he toils under the sun all the days of his life which God gives him; for it is his heritage. 19 As for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, and given him power to eat of it, to receive his heritage and rejoice in his labor — this is the gift of God. 20 For he will not dwell unduly on the days of his life, because God keeps him busy with the joy of his heart.
NKJV

Ps 90:17
17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon
us;
establish the work of our hands for us —
yes, establish the work of our hands.
NIV