Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dehydrated or Marinated

Being hopeless makes you feel heartsick and helpless but, “A merry heart does good, like medicine.” The words of the worldly are full of woe, tending to want and worry, while the Words of God full of love and surely able to make one merry. By His Word we have hope. Faith in His Promises produces peace. Meditation in the scriptures makes us merry. Jesus said, "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.” So you can either choose to be like old bones depressed and dry or you can meditate on God’s goodness and marinate in His mercy!

Prov 17:22
22 A merry heart does good, like medicine,
But a broken spirit dries the bones.
NKJV

Prov 13:12
12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.
NKJV

Prov 17:22
MES
A cheerful disposition is good for your health;
gloom and doom leave you bone-tired.
TLB
A cheerful heart does good like medicine, but a broken spirit makes one sick.
A cheerful heart is good medicine,
but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.
AMP
A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.
BBE
A glad heart makes a healthy body, but a crushed spirit makes the bones dry.
GOD'S WORD
A joyful heart is good medicine,
but depression drains one's strength.
GNT
Being cheerful keeps you healthy. It is slow death to be gloomy all the time.
YLT
A rejoicing heart doth good to the body, And a smitten spirit drieth the bone.

But what makes merry?

John 15:9-11
9 "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

11 "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.
NKJV

John 16:33
33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
NKJV

Ezek 37:1-14
37 The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. 2 Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry. 3 And He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?"

So I answered, "O Lord God, You know."

4 Again He said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! 5 Thus says the Lord God to these bones: "Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. 6 I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord."'"

7 So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.

9 Also He said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, 'Thus says the Lord God:"Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live."'" 10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.

11 Then He said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say,'Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!' 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, 'Thus says the Lord God: "Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it," says the Lord.'"
NKJV

John 6:63
63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
NKJV

Isa 55:1-3
55 "Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
Come to the waters;
And you who have no money,
Come, buy and eat.
Yes, come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without price.
2 Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
3 Incline your ear, and come to Me.
Hear, and your soul shall live;
And I will make an everlasting covenant with you —
The sure mercies of David.
NKJV