Monday, September 27, 2010

Continually and Always

Our fellowship with God is to be continual, not “to be continued”. Jesus gave us an example when He said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. And I know that You always hear Me.” Our fellowship is with our Father and we should know that He always hears us; since He hears us we also ought to always hear Him. It’s not like a drama or some sitcom that we watch once and then come later because it was, “to be continued”. But it’s more like the police radios that are always on. Not that they are always talking but it’s always available and they know that by constant contact they are able to receive any information they need. It wouldn’t work well if they only turned it on sporadically when they “felt like they needed to” and yet this the way some people pray. The police need a continual connection for protection, direction and success and so do we. We don’t necessarily need to be talking all the time but we should always be listening and aware of God’s presence.

Keep your inner radio on, all day and night long, talking, listening and singing a song.
And always know; wherever you go, you and your Father are one, because of the Son.

John 11:41-42
And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. 42 And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me." NKJV

1 John 1:1-4
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life — 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us — 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.
NKJV

John 10:27-30
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. 30 I and My Father are one."
NKJV

John 17:20-23
20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
NKJV

Ps 16:8
8 I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
NKJV

Ps 34:1
34 I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
NKJV

Heb 13:15-16
15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
NKJV

Ps 35:27-28
27 Let them shout for joy and be glad,
Who favor my righteous cause;
And let them say continually,
"Let the Lord be magnified,
Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant."
28 And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness
And of Your praise all the day long.
NKJV

Ps 71:14-15
14 But I will hope continually,
And will praise You yet more and more.
15 My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness
And Your salvation all the day,
For I do not know their limits.
NKJV

Ps 73:23-24
23 Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You hold me by my right hand.
24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to glory.
NKJV

Luke 15:31-32
31 "And he said to him, 'Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours.
NKJV

Luke 18:1
18 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,
NKJV

Acts 2:25-28
For David says concerning Him:

'I foresaw the Lord always before my face,
For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken.
26 Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad;
Moreover my flesh also will rest in hope.
27 For You will not leave my soul in Hades,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
28 You have made known to me the ways of life;
You will make me full of joy in Your presence.'
NKJV

Acts 6:4
4 but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word."
NKJV

Acts 10:1-2
10 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment, 2 a devout man and one who feared God with all his household, who gave alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always.
NKJV

Eph 6:18
8 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints —
NKJV

1 Thess 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
NKJV

Phil 4:4
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
NKJV

1 Cor 15:57-58
57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
NKJV