Friday, December 3, 2010

Apple of Your Eye

Be happy for what you have, not sad for what you have not. You’re alive, God is on your side and in Him you may abide. In His presence is “fullness of joy” and “perfect peace” for those who trust in Him. Don’t look down, but look unto Jesus the Author and finisher of your faith. The things in your life will start looking up when you do. You already have everything you need to be happy if you will consciously commit to be so. You can be supernaturally content in every situation; you can do it through Christ who strengthens you.

But with the ability to be content also comes the temptation to be covetous and the opportunity to be full of fear and discouraged. The strategy of the enemy is to get you focused on what you don’t have and what you can’t get. He will try to convince you that “you’re not gonna make it” but you’ve already made it this far so there’s no true reason to believe that you’re not going to make it in today. It’s always worked out in the past, or you wouldn’t still be here. So you know it will work out in the future. You couldn’t control it then and you can’t control it now but you can choose to be content in the midst of it. I know it’s not easy! But you have to go through it anyway so you can either go through it in pain and distress or in perfect peace. And you don’t have peace because everything is perfect, because it’s obviously not. But you have peace because God is perfect and He gives you His perfect peace in the midst of an imperfect world. “In the world you will have tribulation” and “tribulation or persecution arises for the word's sake.” You can’t get away from it but you can overcome it. You will either overcome it, or undergo it but you will go through it one way or another. But The Lord said “be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." Even in the midst of the worst you can be content because the One who is the Best lives in you and strengthens you. And. “He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” The fight is to keep you mind focused on God and believe, and not allow the enemy to deceive.

Fear not!
I AM your Lord; your exceeding great reward.
My Word is your shield, My Truth is your sword.
I love you immensely, so you will never be ignored.

You’re the apple My eye,
All you need I will supply,
The deepest desires of your life,
Only I can satisfy.

So fix your mind on Me,
Perfect peace will set you free.
And keep Me as the apple of your eye,
For only I can satisfy.

Ps 16:11
11 You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
NKJV

Isa 26:3
3 You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
NKJV

Heb 12:2a
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…
NKJV

Col 3:2-3
2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
NKJV

Col 3:2
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
KJV

Col 3:2
2 Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ — that's where the action is. See things from his perspective.
MES

Col 3:2-3
2 Let heaven fill your thoughts; don't spend your time worrying about things down here.
TLB

Phil 4:11-13
11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
NKJV

Phil 4:11-14
11 Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. 12 I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. 13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
MES

Phil 4:11-13
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
NIV

Phil 4:11
11 Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am.
AMP

Heb 13:5-6
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
NKJV

Heb 13:5-6
5 Don't be obsessed with getting more material things. Be relaxed with what you have. Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you,"
MES

John 14:27
27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
NKJV

John 14:27
27 Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]
AMP

John 16:33
33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
NKJV

Mark 4:16-18
16 These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness; 17 and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word's sake, immediately they stumble.
NKJV

1 John 4:4-5
4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
NKJV

1 John 5:4-5
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith.
NKJV

Gen 15:1
15 After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying,"Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward."
NKJV

Ps 91:4b
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
NKJV

Eph 6:16-18
16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
NKJV

Jer 31:3
3 The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying:
"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.
NKJV

Phil 4:19-20
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
NKJV

Ps 23
23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
NKJV

Jer 31:14
4 I will satiate the soul of the priests with abundance,
And My people shall be satisfied with My goodness, says the Lord."
NKJV