Thursday, December 2, 2010

THE LIGHT

Be defensive but not distracted, because one of the strategies of the enemy is to create a diversion. He wants to be focused on anything else but God. There’s perfect peace and protection in God’s presence. When you’re aware of God He is able to make you aware of anything else you need to be aware of and to filter out all the other “noise.” One definition of worship is to pay attention to. So what do you worship? Do you pay more attention to the government than God? Do you stress and obsess about yourself, your family and all your stuff and so worship worry. Do you pay attention to the news and all the bad stuff that’s going on and worship evil?

Lately, I’ve been talking about the strategies of the enemy, so I told God that I’m tired of paying attention to the enemy. And He seemed to say, well then don’t pay attention to him. It’s possible to be aware without taking care and to overcome without becoming emotionally involved. If you walk in the light you will expose the works of darkness but don’t let the darkness corrupt your mind. If you will abide in the Word you will abide in Love and in the Light. Then you can go through the hardships of darkness or “the valley of the death” and “fear no evil” because God is with you and He is THE LIGHT.

So if you’re having a hard time and seem to be stumbling in the dark then don’t magnify the darkness. Simply turn on the Light. The more attention you pay to the Light the more it shines bright, and the darkest of night can’t extinguish the Light.

Psalm 23
1 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
NKJV

Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust."

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14 "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation."
NKJV

Ps 91:1
1 HE WHO dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].
AMP

John 1:4-5
4 What came into existence was Life,
and the Life was Light to live by.
5 The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness;
the darkness couldn't put it out.
MES

1 John 1:5-7
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
NKJV