Wednesday, December 15, 2010

VICTORY!

The Word for the day is “VICTORY!”

1 Cor 15:57
57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
NKJV

The Bible says that God gives us the VICTORY, and even over death. It doesn’t say that He gives it to us instantly, but it surely does say that He gives the VICTORY. So we can be encouraged and endure and continue to fight because we know that will obtain triumph.

1 Cor 15:58
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
NKJV

The only way to lose is by giving up. But even if you’ve given up you can still stir yourself up and get up. And when you make the decision to rise up God Himself will help you up and nothing will be able to hold you down.

2 Cor 2:14-15
14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
NKJV

The word “thanks” in these scriptures is the Greek word “charis” which is also translated “grace” in many other scriptures. God’s grace is accessed through faith and thanks and empowers you to overcome. You don’t have to be strong enough in yourself or able to win by your own resources. But you can believe and receive Gods grace through thanks to triumph.

Zech 4:6-7
6 So he answered and said to me:

"This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:
'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,'
Says the Lord of hosts.
7 'Who are you, O great mountain?
Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain!
And he shall bring forth the capstone
With shouts of "Grace, grace to it!"'"
NKJV

2 Cor 12:9-10
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
NKJV

2 Cor 9:7-9
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.
NKJV