Saturday, October 24, 2009

Choo, Chooo, Choose!

Things that interpret your regular routine like hunting season, vacation, extra work, hosting guests or whatever will derail your program if you’re not committed. It seems like it’s a lot easier to go off track then it is to get back on. Wimpy people will use anything as an excuse to quit and especially interruptions. “Well I missed a few days or a week and now I don’t feel like it anymore, it’s not my fault it’s just my schedule is to busy, bla, bla, bla… etc.” And it just keeps getting deeper and they keep getting sicker and weaker.

I know exactly how it is so I have to me mean to myself. If I just let myself go, then myself will slowly kill myself, and enjoy doing it until I reap the consequences. Then when calamity comes I can sit around and whine and wonder why it’s so hard and I need a crane to get the train back on track.

This is no way to live it’s better to maintain your gain and take care of the track. If you have a few stops here and there then that’s fine but don’t just stop on some dead end rail or go along aimlessly just hoping everything will be all right. Sorry to say but if YOU don’t stick with your program and keep yourself on track no one else will. When you say that you are going to do something you should or else you will get used to lying to yourself and making up excuses for your inability to succeed. The truth is that you can do it! You might not want to but you have the ability and time if you will. You are able because God makes you able and empowers you every step of the way.

If you’ve had an interruption and your train is stopped at the station don’t waste your time making excuses or begin to think it’s time to retire. Muster your strength, exercise self discipline and get moving again. When you first start to move the choooo, choooo, choooos are slower but then as you get moving you pick up momentum and pretty soon you’re choo, choo, chooin right down the track again. And if you’re in motion you’ll tend to stay in motion and if you’re at rest too long you’ll tend to get fat and sassy. So If you’ve been sitting, rotting and making excuses then it’s time to hurt your precious little feelings and start being mean to yourself and make yourself do what you know what you should do. I know you don’t like this but “waa, waa, waa” get of the whiney wagon and get back on track because you will like the results. Stay where you are and you’re going nowhere, or you go forth, overcome, obtain the victory and end up somewhere delightful. You choose and re –choose and cho, choo, choose your way right down the track! Disregard the weight, blow your horn and get goin! Daily diligence and discipline pays great dividends!


PIE90 Scripture:

1 Cor 9:27
But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
NKJV

Additional Scriptures:

1 Cor 9:24-27
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
NKJV

1 Cor 9:26-27
26 I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! 27 I'm staying alert and in top condition. I'm not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself.
MES

1 Cor 9:26-27
6 So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I fight to win. I'm not just shadow-boxing or playing around. 27 Like an athlete I punish my body, treating it roughly, training it to do what it should, not what it wants to. Otherwise I fear that after enlisting others for the race, I myself might be declared unfit and ordered to stand aside.
TLB

1 Cor 9:24-27
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but [only] one receives the prize? So run [your race] that you may lay hold [of the prize] and make it yours.

25 Now every athlete who goes into training conducts himself temperately and restricts himself in all things. They do it to win a wreath that will soon wither, but we [do it to receive a crown of eternal blessedness] that cannot wither.

26 Therefore I do not run uncertainly (without definite aim). I do not box like one beating the air and striking without an adversary.

27 But [like a boxer] I buffet my body [handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships] and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit [not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit].
AMP

Prov 1:29-33
29 Because they hated knowledge
And did not choose the fear of the Lord,
30 They would have none of my counsel
And despised my every rebuke.
31 Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way,
And be filled to the full with their own fancies.
32 For the turning away of the simple will slay them,
And the complacency of fools will destroy them;
33 But whoever listens to me will dwell safely,
And will be secure, without fear of evil."
NKJV

1 Cor 9:24
As for myself, therefore, I so run, in no uncertain manner. I so swing my fists, not as one who, when fighting, misses his opponent, merely beating the air and not striking a straight blow which finds its target. But I beat my body black and blue and make it my abject slave lest somehow, when I have preached to others, I myself should be disqualified [from further Christian service].
Wuest

Deut 30:19-20
I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;
NKJV