Thursday, October 29, 2009

Unable to be Unable

I’ve been talking about getting fit for Christ for Christmas and finishing the forth quarter strong this year. The Lord seemed to say to me, “Will you get fit or fat for Christmas?” and I became aware of the annual forth quarter gluttony and general lack of self control with the “holidays” being the chief excuse. I noticed people losing even if they had gained ground all year. If you don’t finish well you won’t win. People make all kinds of “allowances” with the thought, “I’ve worked hard all year now its time to relax!” But it’s not true because the year is not over yet. I know you hope your favorite sports team doesn’t take that attitude at the end of their games. Now is not the time to slack because if you do you will surely lack. Don’t just “let yourself go but exercise some self control –spiritually, mentally, physically and financially. I know it’s not easy, champions don’t have it easy and the victory never goes to weak and fainthearted. If you’re habitually lazy then by default you choose to lose.

The Almighty King Jesus is ready to return soon. We don’t know the day or the hour but we do know that He said that we should also be ready. Are we fit for the coming of our King? Are we fit to serve Him in the meantime and do the work of His kingdom? We should either be fit or getting fit in every area, no excuses. Fit means in good condition, healthy, strong, ready, qualified, equipped and outfitted. We should be ready, willing and able to do whatever the Lord leads us to whenever He tells to do it. And there are no excuses because it’s the Almighty who’s helping us do His will everyday in every way. So what can we say, “I can’t or couldn’t or wouldn’t” when HIS already Word says:

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Phil 4:13 NKJV
&
“But Jesus looked at them and said, "With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27 NKJV
&
“Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23 NKJV
&
“He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ” Phil 1:6-7 NKJV
&
“for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.” Phil 2:13 NKJV
&
“Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.” 1 Thess 5:23-24 NKJV

So you get the point. If you are meditating on God’s Word you will be empowered by what He said and be unable to be unable! And here’s His response to excuses…

Luke 14:15-24
15 Now when one of those who sat at the table with Him heard these things, he said to Him,"Blessed is he who shall eat bread in the kingdom of God!"

16 Then He said to him, "A certain man gave a great supper and invited many, 17 and sent his servant at supper time to say to those who were invited, 'Come, for all things are now ready.' 18 But they all with one accord began to make excuses. The first said to him, 'I have bought a piece of ground, and I must go and see it. I ask you to have me excused.' 19 And another said, 'I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to test them. I ask you to have me excused.' 20 Still another said, 'I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.' 21 So that servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and the maimed and the lame and the blind.' 22 And the servant said, 'Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is room.' 23 Then the master said to the servant, 'Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. 24 For I say to you that none of those men who were invited shall taste my supper.'"
NKJV

Luke 9:57-62
57 Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, that someone said to Him, "Lord, I will follow you wherever You go."

58 And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."

59 Then He said to another, "Follow Me."

But he said, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father."

60 Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God."

61 And another also said, "Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house."

62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
NKJV

PIE90 Scripture:

1 Thess 5:23-24
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
NKJV

1 Thess 5:23-24
23 May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together — spirit, soul, and body — and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ. 24 The One who called you is completely dependable. If he said it, he'll do it! MES

HE WILL DO IT! He’s the personal trainer but it’s you responsibility to make yourself the personal trainee. Show up! Exercise daily discipline and His disciple you shall be.