Saturday, January 1, 2011

Fail or Prevail

You can prevail but you need help or you will fail. You weren’t created to “do it alone” so why try?

The number one New Year’s resolution could simply be summarized - Get Fit! So that’s also the number one thing people will fail to do this year.

You must get fit on the inside before you can get fit on the outside. The goal is to “Be Fit” in every area of life; spiritually, mentally, physically, financially and socially. But it won’t happen by wish, but by work. No work no pay. You must continue everyday, recommit not to stray and have others help you “Stay.” Who and what helps you stay strong that you may “Get Fit” and “Be Fit” lifelong?

God Helps! He is ready, willing and able to help you in every area.

“Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
Isa 41:10

“I lift up my eyes to the hills —
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.”
Ps 121:1-2

Pastors, ministers, preachers, teachers, etc. - Help you spiritually, but it only helps if you hear the Word and hear it regularly. After all it is “the Daily Bread” and “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"

Family, friends, ministers, new courses and education resources can help you with your mental forces. But you must exercise your mind, will and emotions or they will be weak. “Use it or lose it” - “Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.” “For as a man “thinks in his heart, so is he.” Prov 23:7AMP

Trainers, coaches, nutritionists, exercise and accountability partners will help you physically, but again only if you have em. Most people fail in this area not because they don’t commit but because they don’t submit. You need to submit to a plan and have someone to help you stand. For your body will demand “a break” and without accountability that’s what you’ll take - and take and take. Alone you can deceive yourself, but with others you’ll be forced to make it not fake it.

Eccl 4:9-12
9 Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
11 Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
NKJV

Deut 32:30a
30 How could one chase a thousand,
And two put ten thousand to flight,
NKJV

Wisdom, discipline, accountability and good stewardship can help you financially. Do you have them? If not you will have to work to get them. Because if you’re not faithful with what you have why would God give you more to be unfaithful with? When self-control goes away so does your pay, and you can pray and pray - but how can God help you as long as you stray?

Ps 119:67
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
But now I keep Your word.
NKJV

Prov 19:27
27 Cease listening to instruction, my son,
And you will stray from the words of knowledge.
NKJV

1 Peter 2:25
25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
NKJV

Ps 23:1
23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
NKJV

Matt 25:21
1 His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
NKJV

Luke 16:10-12
10 He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. 11 Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12 And if you have not been faithful in what is another man's, who will give you what is your own?
NKJV

1 Cor 4:2-3
2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.
NKJV

And finally, socially! Relationships are the most important things that we have, and one of the only things that may be eternal. What gives life to every relationship is love. True Love is of God and endures forever. God will fill you with His love to overflowing and when it overflows everyone knows. But you need to “be being filled” so His Love can be “revealed.” When you get low on love selfishness begins to creep in and corrupt like cancer. But God’s love, regularly received and given purifies and keeps alive. With His help you are able to put in the necessary effort, increase and maintain your gain. Taking a relationship out of light of God’s love is like taking a plant out of the light of the Sun and not watering it. But there’s always hope as long as you are able to bring it back into the light and keep it there.

1 John 2:3-11
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning. 8 Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.

9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
NKJV

1 John 4:12
12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.
NKJV

1 Cor 13:1-8
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails.
NKJV

So what can I do for you? And if not me, then who or what will you will you get to help you obtain and maintain what you need to succeed?

Here’s some links to some of my resources. One of my goals is to help you Get Fit in every area of life. So please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pat Turner on Facebook – www.facebook.com/P.PatTurner

Church Website - www.frontierfellowship.com

You can get my blog – Word-N-Season – any of these places.
www.wordnseason.blogspot.com

Fit4X – Group on Facebook – Members of this group receive the daily message via e-mail. http://www.facebook.com/P.PatTurner#!/group.php?gid=281243250342

Fit for our King - is another group on Facebook for those who want to be part of a group but don’t desire to receive the daily messages. www.facebook.com/P.PatTurner#!group?gid=132343041859

I also e-mail it directly to anyone on my WordNSeason list. Send me your e-mail address and tell me if you desire to receive the Word directly to your inbox. My address is - rev712@yahoo.com

For Fitness Coaching and Products
www.fit444.com

For Practical Financial Help I recommend Dave Ramsey
www.daveramsey.com

1 Thess 5:23-24
23 May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together — spirit, soul, and body — and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ. 24 The One who called you is completely dependable. If he said it, he'll do it!
(from THE MESSAGE: The Bible in Contemporary Language © 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. All rights reserved.)

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND BE BLESSED IN EVERY WAY!

P.S.
Phil 4:13
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
NKJV

Phil 4:19
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
NKJV