Monday, August 24, 2009

Fit For Our King!

To say I’m excited today would be an understatement. I’m thrilled at what God is doing in my life and what He is showing me and leading me to do to help people. A couple of years ago as I was praying about my personal mission, vision and goals and I got a very simple statement that seems to resound in my spirit from heaven. GET FIT! God said, “GET FIT!” and that’s it. He wants us to be fit in every area of life; spirit, soul, body, financially and in our relationships. He desires for us to be whole and complete with nothing broken missing or lacking. He has blessed us with His Word and made the way by giving us His grace which enables us to “GET FIT!” The definition of FIT is - in good condition, healthy, strong, ready, qualified, equipped, outfitted. Are you ready for the coming of our King? Are you in good condition, healthy, strong, qualified, equipped and outfitted to do His will anywhere, anytime? Are you “consecrated and profitable to the Master, fit and ready for any good work.” (2 Tim 2:21b AMP) This is a tall order it’s like being a gladiator for God. We are to be victorious in every area of life and overcome and liberate people from the forces of evil. In order to do this we must train daily at “God’s Gym.” He had given us His Word and Spirit to instruct and strengthen us making us mighty to wage war and walk in His will. The Holy Spirit has been sent to help us. He is our own personal trainer who lives within. He coaches and helps us conquer all adversity. It’s good to know that God wants us fit and has made a way but then there’s the practical steps to take everyday. How do you know just what and when to do? There’s all kinds of good programs and opportunities out there but you will only succeed if you pick the ones that are right for you. How will you know? You need to pray and ask God to show you. If you try to accomplish divine fitness by mere human will you will end up disappointed. But if you get God’s help you will be able to do more and go farther that you ever thought possible. It’s by His grace and guidance not your own plans and ability that you will truly succeed and “be all you can be.”

So I have been working on fulfilling God’s mandate to “GET FIT!” and believe that now is the time to share and get others involved. I have had good success in some areas and others still need more work. I have found that I need programs and schedules for progress. God has given me a few practical application tools that work for me and I believe will work for you also as you apply them as you are led by His Spirit. I’m still praying and believing for wisdom in areas and trusting that we will get the answers as we go. I will be applying programs and schedules and starting and suggesting groups that will work on similar areas together. Join whatever God leads you to and GET FIT spirit, soul, body, financially and in your relationships. The bottom line is God said, GET FIT! And that’s it! So I‘m crying out and calling for people who want to be fit for our King! Who will join my quest and pass the test to be truly blessed and manifest all Christ’s blood possessed?

1 Tim 4:7-10
Exercise daily in God — no spiritual flabbiness, please! 8 Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever. 9 You can count on this. Take it to heart. 10 This is why we've thrown ourselves into this venture so totally. We're banking on the living God, Savior of all men and women, especially believers.
MES