Monday, August 3, 2009

If the Shoe doesn’t fit…

You know the old saying, “don't judge some one until you walk a mile in their shoes.” And it’s a good point but if their shoes are bad why not help them take them off, wash their feet and change their shoes? Usually you won’t walk in their shoes because they don’t fit and if they are having trouble who wants to put on the dirty sweaty ill fitting shoes anyway? It won’t help to waste time getting blisters so you can commiserate. You don’t need to identify with someone’s problem to help them all you have to do is identify the solution and be willing to help them change their shoes. People want you to feel their pain but what’s the point? Misery loves company but we’re not looking for pouting pity parties. It’s like, “unless you come to my party I won’t come to yours,” and “it’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to.” Well go ahead and cry if you wanna, but I’m not coming. However I am having an awesome party of my own and you’re invited. It’s a great celebration of all the good things God has done. He Himself will be there and, “in His presence there is fullness of joy!” So what do you say it’s open to all and everyone that comes gets a free pair of dancing shoes!

Ps 16:11
1 You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
NKJV

Phil 4:4
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
NKJV