Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Order! And that’s an Order!

It’s amazing to me how long it takes to get your life in order. While you are getting one area cleaned up others seem to be getting messy. God told me to get my life in order and I’ve been trying to do it for years. I have made some progress but the only way it will ever happen completely is if I really put first things first everyday. The bible says to “seek first the kingdom of God” and the first and greatest commandment is to “Love God!” So for me this literally means seeking God first everyday. The more diligent I am to pray first thing and then obey the closer to order the rest of my life gets. But the less dedicated I am the more my mayhem multiplies. This is really a simple concept in theory but more difficult to apply. All you need to do is get up and “eat P.I.E.” everyday!

P.I.E.
1. P.ray – talk and listen, read and write – Love God
2. I.temize – list the words and instructions - Plan
P.S. it
P.rioratize
S.trategize
3. E.exercize – action, do it, fulfill God’s will - Perform

So even though doing God’s will is as easy as P.I.E. sometimes it’s still a bit hard to swallow. I encourage you to join me on this quest for order. Because if you really are a disciple then you should pray, plan and perform God’s will everyday. And His Word says, “Let all things be done decently and in order.”(1 Cor 14:40NKJV) Put God first in all you do you’ll be happy and blessed and have order too.