Wednesday, August 5, 2009

GO FAST!?

“Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.” Who likes red lights, long lines and stop signs? I hate waiting, I want to be doing something. But it’s better to be doing nothing then the wrong thing. Haste makes waste and being unwilling to wait causes woe. It’s easier to wait them to deal with the consequences of a crash. Accidents happen when we get in a hurry and most of us like to go fast. The problem is the faster we go the harder it gets to hear and the smaller your margin of error. If you want to go fast you will first have to slow down and study the map. Pray and plan then you will be prepared to proceed. It’s like a road rally race where the navigator studies the map and gives constant instruction. The driver can only go extremely fast by knowing what’s ahead and being prepared to respond. If he stops listening for even a moment then he better slow down or a crash is eminent. So go our lives and we can only move at the rate of instruction. I always want to speed up but God seems to be saying, “Slow Down!” I don’t like this word but I don’t enjoy crashing either. God is not in a hurry. Even though He could move at speeds beyond what we could comprehend He slows down to human speed and waits for things to grow and change at the rate of seedtime and harvest. If you are trusting God then life won’t be so trying. He knows the situation that you’re in and has said that He would be there to help you. “Well I wish He would just hurry up!” Me too, but all that makes is half baked cake. So trust God and JUST WAIT! This is a skill developed by people who will eventually win the race. If you want to go fast you better be good at hearing and following constant instruction. It seems to me that people are crashing everywhere, humm I wonder why? Will you join the pileup or learn to wait and listen to the Navigator?

Ps 27:13-14
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!
NKJV

Ps 37:7-9
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret — it only causes harm.

9 For evildoers shall be cut off;
But those who wait on the Lord,
They shall inherit the earth.
NKJV

Ps 62:5-7
5 My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
7 In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
NKJV

Isa 40:28-31
28 Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
NKJV

Isa 28:16
16 Therefore thus says the Lord God:
"Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation,
A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation;
Whoever believes will not act hastily.
NKJV

Isa 28:16
… he that believeth shall not make haste.
KJV

Isa 28:16
16 But the Master, God, has something to say to this:
"Watch closely. I'm laying a foundation in Zion,
a solid granite foundation, squared and true.
And this is the meaning of the stone:
A Trusting Life Won't Topple.
MES

Isa 28:16
…the one who trusts will never be dismayed.
NIV

Isa 28:16
16 Therefore thus says the Lord God, Behold, I am laying in Zion for a foundation a Stone, a tested Stone, a precious Cornerstone of sure foundation; he who believes (trusts in, relies on, and adheres to that Stone) will notbe ashamed or give way or hasten away [in sudden panic]. [Ps 118:22; Matt 21:42; Acts 4:11; Rom 9:33; Eph 2:20; 1 Peter 2:4-6.] AMP

Rom 9:33
33 As it is written, Behold I am laying in Zion a Stone that will make men stumble, a Rock that will make them fall; but he who believes in Him [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Him] shall not be put to shame nor be disappointed in his expectations. [Isa 28:16.]
AMP