Monday, September 21, 2009

Resist the Resistance

Whenever you step out to advance and make positive change you will face resistance. It’s stationed at certain boundaries in life and designed to keep you in bondage. It opposes progress and leads you to believe that it’s beyond your ability to overcome. It seems bigger and greater than you can bear and so you despair. The weight you need to move is bigger than your muscle and it’s a horrible place to be when you know that you need to change, but can’t seem to do it. It’s compounded by guilt, condemnation while you wallow in worthless woe and wonder why. You cuss, cry and complain but things still won’t change. Dark clouds of anger form over you and fear torments you until all you want to do is go hide under a blanket somewhere. If you identify with this then you need help! And that’s exactly what God said that He will do.

Isa 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

God said that He would help you! NOT do it for you. What you need to do is pray and ask for help and then begin to press against the resistance. God will ‘spot’ you not lift it for you. If He did it for you then you would not get any stronger but with His help we can lift any weight and overcome any resistance. Day by day as we pray and we receive His help to push forward we get stronger and stronger and the things that previously held us back get weaker and lighter. Soon we will find ourselves in a place that we thought impossible. Then the enemy will begin to try set up new boundaries and deceptive barriers to hold us back. But once you learn that you can go anywhere and do anything God leads you to you will become an unstoppable force by the power of Gods grace. We don’t overcome all obstacles instantly but moment we decide we will commit and not quit victory becomes imminent and inevitable! It doesn’t matter how many times we fall down God will always be there to help us get up and go on. And if we keep praying and receiving God’s hand of help we will be able to resist and persist and possess all the promises. Time passes by and we will either grow and change or shrink and stink. Things will get better or worse depending on what we do. And what we are able to do depends on what kind of help we receive. If we live in our own strength we won’t amount to much in the end, but if we will pray and obey everyday then we will be blessed in every way and glorify God until the final day!

Heb 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Ps 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Ps 121:2
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

Isa 41:13
For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'

Isa 50:7
"For the Lord GOD will help Me; therefore I will not be disgraced; therefore I have set My face like a flint, and I know that I will not be ashamed.

Isa 50:8-9
He is near who justifies Me; who will contend with Me? Let us stand together. Who is My adversary? Let him come near Me. Surely the Lord GOD will help Me; who is he who will condemn Me? Indeed they will all grow old like a garment; the moth will eat them up.

Ps 63:7
7 Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.

Ps 54:4
4 Behold, God is my helper;
The Lord is with those who uphold my life.

Heb 13:5-6
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." 6 So we may boldly say:

"The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?"

John 14:15-18
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever — 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
NKJV

John 14:26-28
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
NKJV

John 15:26
26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.
NKJV

John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
NKJV

1 Cor 15:57-58
57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
NKJV