Friday, January 29, 2010

Abide!

It’s true joy to know how wonderfully and tremendously God loves us and we partake of perfect peace when we chose to live in His love. Now “the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace…” and when we have these three we are empowered to walk in the rest “…patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” (Gal 5:22-23) Who doesn’t like a person who is full of love, joy, peace? Someone who abides in God’s love, joy and peace will be patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and exercise self-control. And when we “Abide” we feel awesome and amazing and when we don’t agonized and angry. We weren’t created to criticize, complain and condemn, that’s not how God is and therefore not how we are. We are to “Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” (Eph 5:1-2) So it’s time know and believe in the love God has for us and rejoice and make the steadfast choice to abide in His glorious and victorious love. God’s Love will surely never ever fail so those who live in Love will prevail!

Gal 5:22-23
22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
NLT

1 John 4:16
6 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
NKJV

Rom 14:17-18
7 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
NKJV

John 14:16-18
16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever — 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
NKJV

1 John 4:13
13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
NKJV

John 15:4-13
4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

9 "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

11 "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
NKJV