Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why Would You Do That?

Today I was putting the dishes away, all the clean ones were done and there was one dirty dish left in the sink so I thought, “I’ll just leave that one for later” immediately followed by another thought “Why would you do that?” The first thought was just me being lazy and the second one was the Lord helping me examine my motives. Usually what we do or refrain from doing is not as important as why. Does it really matter if I leave one dirty dish in the sink? Nobody in the world is probably going to care and it’s surely not a sin so what’s the big deal and why is God talking to me about the dishes? - Probably because He’s more concerned with my inner attitude than my every action. By leaving one dish undone I’m cultivating an attitude of laziness. I’m conditioning myself to accept leaving things undone, I’m being inconsiderate of someone else and in this case would also be ignoring the voice of the Lord. Does this mean that I should be obsessive and compulsive about doing every dish all the time? That would be over correction and the dish really isn’t the issue it’ the attitude. The Lord knows that if I’m lazy, inconsiderate, ignore His voice and leave things undone that I will not succeed in life. If I’m not faithful with little then I won’t be faithful with much and that’s how I get big problems. The big things are really just a bunch of small things and if neglect the little then pretty soon I’ll have problems with the large. So the question to ask yourself is, “Why would you do that?” or “Why am I doing this?” If you do the right things for the right reasons you will end up “living right” and be successful but if you neglect to do the right things for the wrong reasons you will fail. Changing your life starts with the small stuff and you can do it and if you don’t you will never see big changes because the big stuff is just a bunch of small stuff. What you need to do is not some super-spiritual miraculous and elusive revelation and inspiration that’s way beyond your reach. It’s simply doing what you know you need to do at the right time and for the right reasons. If you do this you will foster the attitude of an overcomer and end up attaining. The road to victory is run one small step at a time and if your small steps are bad then your race you will ruin. So don’t be that way but do everything with excellence and display and convey an attitude of victory every moment of everyday!


Song 2:15
Catch us the foxes,
The little foxes that spoil the vines,
For our vines have tender grapes.
NKJV

Luke 16:10
He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. NKJV

Luke 16:10-12
10 Jesus went on to make these comments:

If you're honest in small things,
you'll be honest in big things;
11 If you're a crook in small things,
you'll be a crook in big things.
12 If you're not honest in small jobs,
who will put you in charge of the store?
MES


Luke 16:10-12
10 No! For unless you are honest in small matters, you won't be in large ones. If you cheat even a little, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities.