Sunday, January 3, 2010

Get High and Be Glad!

What makes life so wonderful? Why do some seem to be so happy all the time? It’s the proper perspective that gives us peace and the proper perspective is from above. When we see things from below we get down, distressed and “under the weather.” I got discouraged for a few days at the end of last year and I lost my vision. I couldn’t see what God was doing because I stopped looking. I didn’t do it intentionally; I just woke up late for a few days and missed my prayer time and the panorama of peace. Even though God warned me and I even preached against it but I still got hacked by the holidays. I hate being down; pessimism is my pet peeve and ironically only one of the few things that I’m negative about. I felt wounded and was wondering what was wrong and I realized that some people feel like this often. How horrible, I’m so sorry! So I was seeking and the solution was simple. I had to get my eyes off myself and back on God, His Word and helping others and now I’m “high” and happy again. People never seem to be happy when they’re focused on themselves and it’s hard not to when you gotta live with yourself all the time. But you don’t have to look at yourself all the time. That’s like taking a ride through the majestic mountains and looking in the vanity mirror on the sun visor the whole way. Everyone else may be in awe and enjoying the awesome view but not you. Even though you’re in the same place it’s the perspective not the position that’s the problem. Look up and you will see that there’s something and Someone greater than thee. The creation can be inspiring and so much more is the Creator - the Most High in His Majesty! Prayer and fellowship with God is vital for victory, by it we “Get High!” and it changes the way we see everything.

Eph 2:4-8
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
NKJV

Eph 2:4, 6 AMP
4 But God — so rich is He in His mercy! Because of and in order to satisfy the great and wonderful and intense love with which He loved us, … And He raised us up together with Him and made us sit down together [giving us joint seating with Him] in the heavenly sphere… (and WO! What a view!)

Ps 2:4
He who sits in the heavens shall laugh…
NKJV

Ps 126:1-3
1 When the Lord brought back the captivity of Zion,
We were like those who dream.
2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
And our tongue with singing.
Then they said among the nations,
"The Lord has done great things for them."
3 The Lord has done great things for us,
And we are glad.
NKJV

Ps 126:1-3
1 It seemed like a dream, too good to be true,
when God returned Zion's exiles.
2 We laughed, we sang,
we couldn't believe our good fortune.
We were the talk of the nations —
God was wonderful to them!"
3 God was wonderful to us;
we are one happy people.
MES

Ps 16:8-11
8 I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.

9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will rest in hope.
10 For You will not leave my soul in Sheol,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
11 You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
NKJV

Ps 21:1-7
21 The king shall have joy in Your strength, O Lord;
And in Your salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
2 You have given him his heart's desire,
And have not withheld the request of his lips.
Selah

3 For You meet him with the blessings of goodness;
You set a crown of pure gold upon his head.
4 He asked life from You, and You gave it to him —
Length of days forever and ever.
5 His glory is great in Your salvation;
Honor and majesty You have placed upon him.
6 For You have made him most blessed forever;
You have made him exceedingly glad with Your presence.
7 For the king trusts in the Lord,
And through the mercy of the Most High he shall not be moved.
NKJV

Ps 35:27-28
27 Let them shout for joy and be glad,
Who favor my righteous cause;
And let them say continually,
"Let the Lord be magnified,
Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant."
28 And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness
And of Your praise all the day long.
NKJV

Ps 40:1-3
40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth —
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
NKJV

Ps 40:16
16 Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
Let such as love Your salvation say continually,
"The Lord be magnified!"
NKJV

Ps 64:10
10 The righteous shall be glad in the Lord, and trust in Him.
And all the upright in heart shall glory.
NKJV

Ps 118:24-25
24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

25 Save now, I pray, O Lord;
O Lord, I pray, send now prosperity.
NKJV

John 20:19-20
19 Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, "Peace be with you." 20 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.
NKJV

Acts 11:23
3 When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord.
NKJV

Acts 13:32-33
32 And we declare to you glad tidings — that promise which was made to the fathers. 33 God has fulfilled this for us their children, in that He has raised up Jesus. As it is also written in the second Psalm:

'You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.'
NKJV

Acts 13:48
48 Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.
NKJV

Rom 10:15
15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:

"How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!"
NKJV