Saturday, January 23, 2010

Catch-22

What I need today is motivation without condemnation.
I must pray so I can itemize, prioritize and strategize the right way.
Many times I feel driven but I can only work with the time I’m given.
If I don’t ask God I’ll attempt to do more than I’m able to and end up frustrated and feeling blue.
When I overload myself I get behind, and in distractions to become entwined.
I feel like I’m never going to get “all my stuff” finished anyway so from my purpose I begin to stray.
After procrastination comes condemnation, if I’m not fulfilling “my obligation.”
In my stomach the butterfly’s flutter and in my mind I began to mutter.
Feeling compelled to perform and “get in a hurry” my gut is wrenched as I worry.
By the adversary I’ve been trapped and tapped and now my energy is being sapped.
This anxiety makes me pale and frail and I live my life as if on a rail.
Thinking soon the train will come and to despair I will succumb.
Set me free from this Catch-22 of being obsessed and driven or overdue.

We work better and are more productive when we have peace. But many times if we’re unaware our peace gets plundered. Any distraction will do the enemy just wants to divide us from our purpose. God leads and guides but the enemy drives. When we’re feeling pressed and prodded it’s a good indication that the enemy is working. He wants to drive us so fast that we crash or distract us to go so slow that we become easy prey. Either way it’s a Catch-22 because we don’t end up fulfilling Gods will and end up feeling angry, frustrated and condemned.

So what’s the answer? Just don’t do it! You have peace and God will set the pace as you walk with Him. Refuse to be like cattle being driven to the slaughter. But stand up for yourself and stomp the enemy. Say, “Hey! There’s no way I’m being driven by or following you! Get out of my face I live by God’s grace and in His peace I’ll finish my race!”

This can be easier said than done so just stop for second. Which system are you hooked up to; the world’s system of worry or the kingdom of God’s system of perfect peace? God is like a firewall, “a wall of fire round about” you. If you’re getting a bunch of ghoulish gluck you guard is down. It’s time to reset and it takes a minute to reboot. Turn everything off and wait on God for a moment.

“He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.

Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!

The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge.
Selah “
Ps 46:9-11
NKJV

Rom 16:19-20
but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil. 20 And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
NKJV

Rom 16:19-20
but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil. 20 And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
NKJV

Isa 26:2-4
2 Open the gates,
That the righteous nation which keeps the truth may enter in.
3 You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
4 Trust in the Lord forever,
For in Yah, the Lord, is everlasting strength.
NKJV

John 14:27-28
27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
NKJV

John 14:27
27 I'm leaving you well and whole. That's my parting gift to you. Peace. I don't leave you the way you're used to being left — feeling abandoned, bereft. So don't be upset. Don't be distraught.
MES

John 14:27
27 Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]
AMP

Col 3:15-17
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
NKJV

Col 3:15-17
15 And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].

16 Let the word [spoken by] Christ (the Messiah) have its home [in your hearts and minds] and dwell in you in [all its] richness, as you teach and admonish and train one another in all insight and intelligence and wisdom [in spiritual things, and as you sing] psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, making melody to God with [His] grace in your hearts.

17 And whatever you do [no matter what it is] in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus and in [dependence upon] His Person, giving praise to God the Father through Him.
AMP