Monday, July 6, 2009

Cry

What do you do when your guts are a taunt coil,
When your hearts a lead balloon, sinking and spoiled,
When the smallest of thoughts cause vexation and toil,
When your ability to overcome seems broken and boiled?

Cry out to God, help’s the next breath away,
His goodness is greater than all your dismay.
He promised to answer when you simply pray.
How many times - maybe hundreds a day.

It seems such an effort, but it’s better than stress.
Either think on His promises or distress and obsess.
When all of your circumstances are a hot iron press,
God’s Word is cool water and the source of success.

So call out to God or cry in your pain,
The first is your peace the next is your bane.
Dwell in your misery and go insane,
Or cry out to God and over pain reign.

Ps 40:1-3
40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth —
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
NKJV

Ps 55:16-18
16 As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me.
17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
18 He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me.
KJV

Ps 56:9-11
9 When I cry out to You,
Then my enemies will turn back;
This I know, because God is for me.
10 In God (I will praise His word),
In the Lord (I will praise His word),
11 In God I have put my trust;
I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
NKJV

Ps 57:2
2 I will cry to God Most High, Who performs on my behalf and rewards me [Who brings to pass His purposes for me and surely completes them]!
AMP

Ps 72:12
12 For He delivers the needy when he calls out, the poor also and him who has no helper.
AMP

Ps 107:28-31
28 Then they cry out to the Lord in their trouble,
And He brings them out of their distresses.
29 He calms the storm,
So that its waves are still.
30 Then they are glad because they are quiet;
So He guides them to their desired haven.
31 Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
NKJV

Ps 145:18-19
18 The Lord is near to all who call upon Him,
To all who call upon Him in truth.
19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him;
He also will hear their cry and save them.
NKJV