Friday, July 10, 2009

WOW!

Wow! Today my daughter is getting married and I’m doing the ceremony. She and the man of her life have maintained their honor and virtue and today is a day of victory and celebration. I want to commend them and thank God for helping us get through the whole courting process. It’s been a challenge but God’s grace has been enough. I have all the same emotions I expect a father would have on this day but there also is also a great spirit of praise in my heart. We made it! It’s been a household effort and how awesome they have been at helping us walk in God’s will and guard against compromise. Niki is truly a virtuous wife and so Caiti has watched and faithfully followed and listened to her good example. Ethan, Luke and Josh have been the brotherly watchdogs and been afflicted with much chaperoning without complaint. I myself pray that I will be as diligent with my sons as I have been with my daughter and today welcome Chance into the family as a forth son. I think there has always been a bit of tension between us as I have stood in the position of a staunch overseer of their courting and unwilling to compromise. I’m looking forward to taking off the security hat and gun and just playing the role of friend and father. I trust God will bless this union and prosper their lives as they give honor and Glory to the Almighty! So praise God and thanks to everyone who has helped us in any way to get to this day. Together and with God’s help we really can make it! WHOOOHOOO!

Isa 54:13
13 All your children shall be taught by the Lord,
And great shall be the peace of your children.
NKJV

Isa 65:23
23 They shall not labor in vain,
Nor bring forth children for trouble;
For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the Lord,
And their offspring with them.
NKJV