Thursday, June 4, 2009

Are you on the Menu?

If you were walking through a jungle know to be inhabited by cannibalistic tribes and you saw a snare would you stick your head in it? Not if you don’t want to be the next thing on the menu. You can follow God or follow the crowd but not both. If you follow the Lord your Shepherd you will live in safety and not want. But if you follow the flock for fear of rejection they will accept you all right, and eat you for lunch.

Prov 29:25
The fear of man brings a snare,
But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.
NKJV

Prov 29:25
Being afraid of people can get you into trouble,
but if you trust the Lord, you will be safe.
NCV

Prov 29:25
25 It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you, but if you trust the Lord, you are safe.
GNT

Prov 29:25
5 A person's fear sets a trap for him,
but one who trusts the Lord is safe.
GOD'S WORD

Prov 29:25
25 The fear of human opinion disables;
trusting in God protects you from that.
MES

John 10:27
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they FOLLOW ME.
NKJV

Psalm 23
1The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
NKJV

So if you will FOLLOW the Lord surely goodness and mercy shall FOLLOW you all the days of your life.