Monday, June 22, 2009

Fix It Too!

Hey, what a great day to be alive! You were born for such a time as this. I believe that God knows everything you will go through and has equipped you to overcome. He has a plan for every difficulty you will face. Set your mind and affection on Him and not on the problem.

Ps 91:14-16
14 "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation."
NKJV

What an awesome promise! When we call He will answer, He will be with us in trouble and deliver and honor us, and with long life satisfy us and show us His salvation! That’s what He will do when we do what we should do. That’s His part, but we won’t experience it unless we do our part. That’s right! We have to do something to do in order to position ourselves to receive Gods promise. I know plenty of people who have felt unanswered, undelivered, unsatisfied and unsaved when trouble hit. I’ve been there myself and if we’re not careful we will get mad at God and cut ourselves off. God always keeps His Word but we are to keep our hearts and affection set on Him. When we feel like He’s not coming through for us we need to examine ourselves not get offended at Him. A quarterback will not throw the ball to a player who’s going the wrong way. When we get “out of love” and fixated on our problems we are going the wrong way. The more attention we give to our dilemma the less we give to God. Then it becomes really hard to follow God when we are hardly paying attention to Him. We are to Love the Lord with all our heart soul, strength and mind. This is the first thing we are to do and is to be the main priority in your lives. When we start putting first things third and fifth things first it’s no wonder we get frustrated and confused and wonder what seems to be wrong with God. There’s nothing wrong with Him. He’s perfect! The main thing He’s asking you to do is to set your mind and affection on Him and He will do the rest. Wow! It sounds like an awesome deal to me. Fix your heart on God and keep it fixed, then everything else will begin to will be fixed. Otherwise it’s like Band Aid Brand and you’re stuck on your problem because your problem’s stuck on you.