Friday, June 19, 2009

Figure it Out

It’s an amazing thing that we can control what we think. So what are you thinking? I just caught myself thinking about how much credit card debit I have. And I thought about my thinking; and the fact that focusing on the problem produces stress and agitation which tends to magnify the dilemma. The more I meditate on the problem the more I magnify the mayhem of my mind. And the more I maim my mental ability the harder it becomes to see the solution. Then I spiral a whirlpool of negative thoughts which progressively draw me down and closer to thing that I am thinking about.

So I think I will think about something else! I will think about the solution and God’s promises concerning my situation. Whenever the temptation comes up to worry about my problems, and it will, I will use that as a reminder and opportunity to think about the solution. I will consider what God has said about it in His Word and how I am applying that to my life for change. I will remember what caused the problem in the first place and become more resolute not to repeat it. This will work for any problem the key is to solve the problem not to revolve it.

Take math problems for example, you think about the problem in order to get to the solution. If you are not going to solve the problem what is the point in even thinking about it? But once you start thinking about and implementing the solution the problem is soon to be no longer a problem. Then you can move on to the next one, and such is life. There are plenty of problems for everyone! So I think I’ll try to solve as many as I can starting with my own personal problems. I don’t want to be stuck on one because that’s boring. If I can help my self, with the help of God I can help others also.

But what do you do when you don’t know what to do? Well one thing is for sure, contemplating your ignorance and the difficulty of the problem when you don’t know the answer is not the answer. Pray for wisdom, get help, educate yourself, discipline your thoughts and seek the solution. You become smart when you start thinking about solutions and surely with God’s help you can figure it out and overcome!

Can you remember, “Jeremiah was a Bullfrog 333”?

Surely you can and I believe that this scripture will help become a problem solver instead of a worry revolver.

Jer 33:3
'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'
NKJV

Jer 33:3
3 'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.'
MES

Jer 33:3
3 Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand).
AMP