Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Get Out a Dodge!

Follow the Shepherd not the grass. It looks greener on the other side but to cross the fence you have to sell yourself out. You promise to repay in the future for the grass you are eating today. The only problem is what you turned it into is not suitable for repayment so you will have to pay with your life. You have by your own choice become a servant of the lender. You say, “The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want” but part of you belongs to another, after all you’ve been eating their grass. So who is your provider, the Lord or the lender? If you look to the world system to meet your needs they will be happy to oblige and if you live in their pasture you will go by their rules. Any good shepherd knows that if you have more sheep than your land can withstand that you are headed for destitution. The worlds system of debt has invited the multitudes, “come and eat freely” and “gorge yourself” until you are gratified, but they eat and they eat and never get satisfied. It’s no wonder that the resources have been consumed because the world is not a good shepherd. Many now are finding out they are in the wrong field, weary and scattered and wondering what to do. The answer is to repent and return to the Lord as Provider. Go back to the Lord and return to restraint because it’s the only real way to be financially free. We all have needs and we are expected to pray and obey and to follow the Shepherd day by day. Not just hop the fence and hope we aren’t held ‘accountable’ for our actions.

Since when do people just go make a major purchase without asking the Lord of their life? Probably since people stopped living by faith and started living by debt. Saving has been replaced by spending and we’ve found out how long that will last because the river’s run dry. Instant gratification has produced long term torment. Now we will have to deal with the results of our actions. We can plead and beg and pray for the Good Shepherd to come and fix the world’s field but that’s not His responsibility. Instead He says, “return to Me and walk in My ways and you will prosper.” The lines have been drawn and the fence has been set and it’s time to choose a side and stay on it. Stop going back and forth like a metronome and expecting God to meet your needs. The one you follow is whom you will serve. If you find yourself in financial famine it’s because the world is in trouble it’s time to “get out of Dodge.”

Palm 23

1 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
NKJV