Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Feast or Famine?

Finding peace in troubled times can be like looking for water in the blazing dessert sun. Thank God that we have a perpetual supply a well of living water springing up to eternal life. No matter where we go or what we deal with God is there like an oasis within. Things on the outside can get pretty rough but in the midst of drought and famine we can always call upon and draw upon the source of life. There is a secret place within a perfect garden where we may walk and talk with our heavenly father. The garden is no longer external but God Himself has come to live on the inside of us with all His majesty and Glory. He dwells eternally and when we yield to His working He manifests the fruit of the Spirit inside of us. The truth is that we are always full of life, love, joy, peace and all the fruit of the Spirit. If we are vital or famished depends on if we are aware of and partake of God’s ever present goodness or if we look for peace in our external circumstances. We can wander around in the worldly wilderness looking for water and wanting or we can dwell in the secret place of the Most High under the shadow of the Almighty and in His perpetual oasis of perfect peace.

John 4:13-14
13 Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."
NKJV

John 14:27-28
eace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
NKJV

Ps 91:1
91 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
NKJV

Ps 121:5-6
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
NKJV

Isa 25:4
4 For You have been a strength to the poor,
A strength to the needy in his distress,
A refuge from the storm,
A shade from the heat;
For the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
NKJV

Gal 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

NKJV
Isa 26:3
3 You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
NKJV

Psalm 23

1 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
NKJV